• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lloyds TSB / Robbers Way

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lloyds TSB / Robbers Way

I posted here on September 8th saying I'd had an initial letter from RW re a debt of £3125.17 to Lloyds TSB. Filed under I, but heard again today from Robbers Way on Lloyds TSB headed paper. Given that it is on this paper, do I still go ahead and send the Prove It letter which would be the normal course of action, or do I do something else? I'm wondering if RW have a stock / buy headed paper to make their letters look more official. Maybe I'm just overly suspicious?

Any help / advice much appreciated as always.

David
    Tags: None

Re: Lloyds TSB / Robbers Way

Was it a notice of assignment ? (often companies have stocks of headed paper to use to send out assignment notices to people save the original creditors doing it)

Was it signed off as Lloyds or RobWay ?

And, of course, what did the letter say ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      Was it a notice of assignment ? (often companies have stocks of headed paper to use to send out assignment notices to people save the original creditors doing it)

Was it signed off as Lloyds or RobWay ?

And, of course, what did the letter say ?
      1. Definitely not NOA

2.Unsigned, Lloyds TSB notepaper with RW's address

3. States it is a statement covering Nov 5th 2009 to 2010

No threats or anything, just a statement of what I owe and probably has to be provided by law. However it is the second correspondence from RW, so normally it would be a Prove It letter, but it's not a "normal" second letter, so maybe should be just filed under I until I get a "proper" second letter from RW?

Comment

That would be their statement of account.
        TBH, I'd file that with the other one as well and wait for some real communications to arrive.

Comment

Originally posted by Curlyben View Post
          That would be their statement of account.
          TBH, I'd file that with the other one as well and wait for some real communications to arrive.
          Will do - thank you all as always!
          David

Comment

Well do you actually owe this money or don't you? And have they asked for it? Fail to see that receiving a statement should cause any alarm, they are obliged to send yearly statements anyway.
            Is no longer here

Comment

Originally posted by WendyB View Post
              Well do you actually owe this money or don't you? And have they asked for it? Fail to see that receiving a statement should cause any alarm, they are obliged to send yearly statements anyway.
              Yes I owe it. Thing is my OP reponses suggested I wait till next communication then send Prove It Letter. No alarm or anything, just wasn't sure, even though it was the next communication, that it warranted any action. For once it turned out I was right!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X