• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Statute barred debt passed on to APEX help?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Statute barred debt passed on to APEX help?

Hi,

Today i visited a 'debtor' through work, and whilst discussing there financial situation with a veiw to making payment plans, I discovered a letter that i found interesting.

It was made after a phonecall to the DCA acting at the time, and clearly stated the last payment/contact was over 6 years from date of this letter. It went on to say that due to the time involved a true CCA was unavailable but payments should be made to xxx. This is obviously unfair according to the OFT and time limitations.

Later on APEX have bought the debt, letter of assignment from previous company was there. Since APEX had the debt , the account holder has made upto 5 payments as she knew no different.

Ive suggested they seek advice, but as i have to revisit at some point thought id ask here myself incase they dont.

Thanks, tommy
    Tags: None

Re: Statute barred debt passed on to APEX help?

Once a debt is statute barred then NOTHING can unbar it.
    Yes the debt still exists (Engalnd and Wales) but NO court enforcement action or CRA reports can be made. As per s5 of limitations Act.

So they should STOP making payments and make this fact clear to Apex.

Comment

Please open the following link and scroll down to part 2.13:
      http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/bus...dit/oft664.pdf

Comment

Thought as much! They will be happy!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X