• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Turning DCA's on their own kind - can it be done?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turning DCA's on their own kind - can it be done?

Hi All

Ok its a Friday and I'm feeling more than a little mischievous!

I was thinking (always a dangerous thing!) after my recent experience if a DCA fails to respond to a reasonable request for information but keep sending you letters to which you have to spend 'considerable time and effort' to which to respond that I could bill or invoice them for that time (something reasonable like £25).

When the DCA (inevitably) refuses to pay the invoice I was then thinking of finding another DCA (operating on a no collection, no fee basis) to chase up the debt.

Could you even get a DCA to enter into a contractual state by saying something like

'If you respond to this letter, and not provide the information reasonably requested, further correspondance from me requiring my considerable effort will be charged at £x'

Plausible?

Crispy

Re: Turning DCA's on their own kind - can it be done?

Fab idea Crispy, dunno if it would be plausible but would certainly be interesting.

Comment

Using the power of the internet & email etc....i think anything is possible.
      Ive even managed to play 2 DCA's off against each other in the past - was hillarious

Comment

indeed it can work, but you have to ensure there is a valid dispute on the account first whether that be with the fos or fsa meerly putting it into dispute yourself is not good enough grounds

You also have to send them a warning letter first stating any subsiquent letters will result in a charge for my timely responce

I have done this with moorcrofts on a loan that was disputed and in the hands of the fos due to missold ppi suffice to say i have heard no more from them
        ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
        but it did put them on notice that i was not going to take anymore of there crap and if it carried on it would cost them £35 a time and that i was prepared to enforce in court for non payment
        Last edited by pompeyfaith; 17th September 2010, 17:49:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

This is the letter I sent to Moorcroft
          Last edited by pompeyfaith; 17th September 2010, 19:14:PM.

sigpic

Comment

As you can see by the letter above I was well within my rights as it was a valid and legit dispute.

Unfortunately I have not as yet had the pleasure of billing them as that letter did the trick and i have heard no more from them

PF

sigpic

Comment

Hi All

Thanks for taking time to add to my post, for me its certainly an interesting concept.

I almost hope for an opportunity to use it!

Crispy

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X