• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bryan Carter Soliicitors threatening CCJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bryan Carter Soliicitors threatening CCJ

Hi All,

I have an outstanding debt with Talk Talk, which was sent to Fredicksons to collect.

I sent all the necessary letters to them stating that I could not afford to pay the full amount, but can make a payment of £1 a month, as I'm unemployed. ( Was made redundant)

I received the letter from Fredrickson in December 09, and they sent me a payment card for which I have been making payment since January 10.

Now, Today Bryan Carter Solicitors have sent me a letter staing that their client 'Talk Talk' have instructed them to take me to court, and that they will be issuing me with a CCJ. They are expecting the full payment in 10 days....

Of course I cannot pay the full amount, but not sure what I need to do right now as I really want to avoid the CCJ.

What I don't understand is why has this happened when I have been making payments?

What do I do now? Help please...

Thanks

Tya

Re: Bryan Carter Soliicitors threatening CCJ

!0 days, well that breaches CPR for starters.
    No matter, Reread the "solicitors" letter again carefully and see how many times it says MAY rather than WILL.

that being the case, file under I and continue with your payment plan.

Comment

Hi Curlyben,

Thanks for your response...

The letter says.....

We have been instructed to act in connection with this outstanding debt which is seriously overdue.

This matter will be referred for court proceedings to be issued in 10 days if payment is not received at our office by that date.

Court costs and interest will be added to your deb if it necessary to go to court and therefore the outstanding debt will increase.

You must make payment before the 24th September 2010 if you wish to avoid the matter going to court. Payment can be accepted by debit cards and some instances credit card.

If you fail to act and we obtain judgement it may prevent you from gaining credit in the future and will remain on the Reister of Judgment Debts for a period of 6 years.

Please call us on xxxxxxxxx with your payment.

This matter has now reached a critical stage and you may wish to obtain inndependant legal advice.

So, thats the letter sent today, what do you think?

Comment

Yep, file under I
        Mr C does turn out some drivel.

Comment

Great! Thanks alot for your help.

Tya

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X