• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Egg Mis-sold me a Top-Up Loan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Egg Mis-sold me a Top-Up Loan

The sum Freddo is asking for is the whole amount ie the entire balance and not a re-calculated sum with the ppi element taken off. does this make a difference? also, as the amount of principle is in dispute ie I claim £X in PPI and they haven't confirmed either way what is being offered by them, I would have thought an application by Freddos could be set-aside??
    Last edited by The Debt Star; 18th October 2010, 09:49:AM.

Comment

ps you can have a Frederickson International Chocolate Bar on me
      Last edited by The Debt Star; 18th October 2010, 09:59:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

LOL - Lurve the Freddo bar !!!

Sorry if I misled you, DS. As Ame says, there's nothing to stop them taking you to court, but if they don't exhaust other avenues first, then they are flouting the pre-action protocol which suggests this - and thus may appear vexatious.

Not regulations or law - but simply part of the bank's own complaints procedure, as published by them, and usually in line with The Banking Code.

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
          The sum Freddo is asking for is the whole amount ie the entire balance and not a re-calculated sum with the ppi element taken off. does this make a difference? also, as the amount of principle is in dispute ie I claim £X in PPI and they haven't confirmed either way what is being offered by them, I would have thought an application by Freddos could be set-aside??
          can I just add, further to my query about the sum of principle being litigated over
          (above), that Fred's were passed my account after I had disputed it with the OC.
          I was under the impression from CAG, and perhaps wrongly, that DCAs couldn't pursue a debt that was already in dispute prior to their involvement. It was originally with CrapQuest who, when I disputed the account, passed it back to Egg.

Comment

They shouldnt, under lending code, banking code (now bcobs), and oft 664, but they do.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Cheers, Ame. Looks like more ammunition for you, DS. Yet another thing which you could point out to them, which a court "would not look favourably upon."

More "grist to the mill," but the term 'bank fodder' springs to mind. I dunno why - but I'll have nightmares...

Comment

Not that anyone could call Fred's greedy

Comment

Here is Egg's response. Received today.

http://i822.photobucket.com/albums/z...1/13c07b51.jpg

They offer nothing regarding the PPI element in Loan 2.

An suggestions for my response?

Comment

what are the two figures for if not the PPI?
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi Debt Star--I promised Bill I'd look at your stuff-but got bogged down on PF's case--will look over this weekend--I think you sent some stuff to Bill in our enclave at Simiantics I think ?

Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                        what are the two figures for if not the PPI?
                        Amethyst: My letter to Egg is posted at #49 above (amended by Bill) and this explains why there is a large PPI element contained in the consolidation loan 2 - irrespective that no PPI was sold with that consolidation loan. This is because a PPI weighting was carried over from the original loan. Bill & Turbo have done the math.

The 2 sums Egg refer to relate to the CC and Loan 1. Not what is claimed for Loan 2.

If the FOS find that Egg have mis-sold the PPI then Egg will have to stump this additional sum (of approx £900) up.

On the Default side, Egg fail to recognise that as data controller they have an obligation to record accurate default sums. The fact that part of the original sum defaulted contained a large element (£2000) of mis-sold PPI means that they are under an obligation to amend the data they have recorded (I would have thought?)

Turbo: Hi. Yes, I have mailed to Simiantics.

DS
                        Last edited by The Debt Star; 23rd October 2010, 14:33:PM.

Comment

Egg seem to have offered £677.14 in settlement of the Credit Card account PPI. My estimate was £665.86 - so I think we can accept that. As there was no PPI carried forward from this, then we can consider it finalised. Done & dusted.

The original figures I gave for the Loan accounts were:-
                          Loan 1 - £318.98 PPI reclaim, with £819.47 of PPI carried forward to Loan 2;
                          Loan 2 - £409.30 PPI reclaim, with a further reduction of £536.68 in the remaining balance.
                          A total reclaim of £318.98 + £409.30 + £536.68 = £1264.96 (£728.28 of that by cheque).

What Egg appear to have offered is:-
                          Loan 1 - £469.32 PPI reclaim, withzero carried forward to Loan 2.
                          (Loan 2 - zilch).
                          A total offer of £469.32, which is £795.64 LESS than our total claim.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill-K View Post
                            Egg seem to have offered £677.14 in settlement of the Credit Card account PPI. My estimate was £665.86 - so I think we can accept that. As there was no PPI carried forward from this, then we can consider it finalised. Done & dusted.

The original figures I gave for the Loan accounts were:-
                            Loan 1 - £318.98 PPI reclaim, with £819.47 of PPI carried forward to Loan 2;
                            Loan 2 - £409.30 PPI reclaim, with a further reduction of £536.68 in the remaining balance.
                            A total reclaim of £318.98 + £409.30 + £536.68 = £1264.96 (£728.28 of that by cheque).

What Egg appear to have offered is:-
                            Loan 1 - £469.32 PPI reclaim, withzero carried forward to Loan 2.
                            (Loan 2 - zilch).
                            A total offer of £469.32, which is £795.64 LESS than our total claim.
                            Good work Bill--bees knees--my mentor--your holiness--although debt Star mentions both of us---I didn't do any work ,Debt Star on this

Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by Turboman View Post
                              ---I didn't do any work ,Debt Star on this

Turbo
                              But you DID, mate. I used your spreadsheet !!!

Comment

Ok guys. I'll fire off my letter and the loan 2 spready. Will report back.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X