• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Northern Rock have no mortgage application form

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern Rock have no mortgage application form

I have posted this on the mortgage page but I would be grateful for any comments in this section where the experts are.

I am gobsmacked that my friend who I have been helping make a claim against a mortgage broker (it is with FSCS as the broker is no longer trading) got a reply from Northern Rock (the lender) today to say that as the broker made the application online "no Application form was created or saved." What?? So on what did they assess her suitability for a mortgage???? I am sure this is huge and I would appreciate any and all comments.

Re: Northern Rock have no mortgage application form

Just for information. The lender should have kept a copy of the application form for at least 5 years after the last of the transactions on the mortgage ie after the mortgage account is closed, under Section 6 of the Money Laundering Regulations 2003. Those are the regulations that pertained at the time but the recent Regulations are 2007.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X