• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

o2 account straight to DCA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• o2 account straight to DCA

Last month my wife canceled one of her two o2 contracts, she was paying for her brothers phone and he has now taken on his own contract so no longer needs it. Called o2 and canceled the account, no problems there they will send a final bill of about 35 quid to pay.

Instead, before even 4 weeks had passed they sent the account directly to, i think, westcott DCA and logged a 'one month late' on her credit report, without even sending a final bill to her.

After speaking to o2, they say they cannot take payment as it is now a closed account and must go via westcott (who have whacked some 25 quid on top for the privileged). They acknowledged that it should not have gone to a DCA as we had not even had the final bill, nor time to pay it yet said there was nothing they could do at this stage as it had already happened - eg we cant pay them nor can they bring the account back from DCA. They also 'apologised' for the addition of the late payment mark onto her credit file, but were unable to remove it as they did not have 'authority'

We also noticed a default notice on her credit file from Next catalogues for the paltry sum of 100 pounds. No bills received, No invoices received, no default notice received, no nothing. After contacting them she finds out its from over a year ago and they could not explain why she got no bills or default notice, but claim they were sent. Even though she immediately paid the small amount off they were not able to remove it and insisted the default stay on there. Paying bills is not something she has shied away from and has built a strong credit history and score, so it strikes me as odd that she would ignore 100 quid on a catalogue and let herself be defaulted, while still maintaining every other credit payment and having enough cash left over every month to do as we please and also save some money too. Im inclined to think nothing ever came from them, but what can we do in that situation

Any advice legalbeagles? Many thanks
    Advice given is offered as personal opinion only. I always recommend you seek professional legal advice.

Negative, I am a meat popsicle

Re: o2 account straight to DCA

Well Wescott can't just "add charges" as they see fit.
    Just tell them that you are STILL waiting for a final bill from O2 and you fully intend to settle this on receipt. they will most likely send it back to O2 as they are acting as agents. Wescott don't tend to buy debts but act for others.

As for Next, these guys don't believe in CCA and do as they please. I would be inclined to raise this with them and see what they ahve to say for themselves.

Comment

Right shes just ogt off the phone from o2. They claim her final bill was online in her customer area, however they cannot give her access to it now as her account is closed. Shes just out of hospital today so i think thats as much as i can ask her do for the moment, we will write to westcott and o2 as I think there is literally no point in talking to anyone in the cosumer collections industry as they are trained only to get money regardelss.

Irony is - the mrs used to work in debt recovery for a large insurance company and even she is ****ed off at the way she is being treat by the collections people we speak to. When she was trained she was always taught to take into account circumstances and listen to what people have to say, eg you can recover more of a debt by working with a debtor than if you do not listen to them and go 'balls to the wall' threats.
      Advice given is offered as personal opinion only. I always recommend you seek professional legal advice.

Negative, I am a meat popsicle

Comment

What total Bovine excrement. Final bills are meant to be sent in the mail, as the account would indeed be closed, so online access would be revoked.

Comment

Its unfortunate that you have also sucumbed to o2's Bullcrap aswell, I have had similar to you, wont bore you to death but, they took too much money around the 5hunderd mark, without any notice of intention and more imprtantly no need, they couldn't give it back for 2 weeks which actualyl ended up being more like 6 weeks after I HAD to chase them again, so in that time, (i obviously didnt pay that months bill they did still have all that money as it was.) they defaulted my account, DIDNT let me know and then said its because you are an paperless biller - Erm..so its currently with collectors which i have paid a hundred off it, but trying to dispute it and heard nothing back from over a week ago. They have currently offerd me no alternate, just default and to Debt collector.

Im a little stuck other then writing to them continuously so All i can advise is keep going and don't let them take whats not their's. I had been with them for around 2 years and theres no appreciation just constant crap and extra charges no cooldown period for their mistake straight to DC and un responsive, it is without doubt the worst company ive ever had to deal with and i work in accounts!!

Good luck anyhow ill keep checking back to see how your getting on.

OPBC
          ~Never has PPI refunds been owed to so many...by so few~

Comment

In defence of O2, I've always found their customer service mob quite helpful, in fact they did the DCA hob ob me but put it right when I asked them to. Double quicktime too. I would suggest that you send bill payment to O2 direct, make sure that you include your acount number with the letter. Write to Westott, tell them you have paid O2 direct so can they please bugger off and shove their extra 25 quid charge up their jaxy. as this is now all sorted.
            Is no longer here

Comment

O2 did similar to me, i have a post up somewhere i think, after 2 months of discussions with o2 i finally ported my number, and arranged a small monthly payment to avoid DCA action, Wescot got the account 2 weeks after my monthly arrangement was set up! now there chasing around and writing to me as if the account is disputed so its all good till next week i guess!!

Comment

Go into your nearest o2 shop and pay the bill over the counter. You do not have to pay Westcrap a penny. Of course if you wanted to wind them up you could write to westcrap asking for proof that you actually owe o2 anything and demand a copy of a written contract between you and o2. That will really pee them off and tie them up in paperwork until you can sort things out directly with O2.

Also tell westcrap that the alleged debt hasnt been legally assigned to them

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X