• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Welcome Finance Default On Credit File

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome Finance Default On Credit File

Hi hope someone can help

OK quick run down , been battling with welcome finance for 2 years now with ref to a default they put on my credit file.

about 6 years ago I took out a loan with welcome finance ,I lost my job , PPI wouldn't pay out , I claimed back ppi charges and loan charges , checked credit file and found welcome had registered a default ,the default mostly made up of ppi and charges.
    I asked for default to be removed due to ppi and charges they refused so I offered settlement to remove default, they refused.

I haven't chased anything with this account for a while then randomly got a letter today saying the following:

We will not remove the default on your credit file as the default notice was issued correctly due to you defaulting on the agreement , however we have contacted experian and updated the default balance to show the amount the default is now the charges and ppi have been refunded (default was £2550 - now showing £400)

My question is , if the amount on the default has changed will that make the original notice void due to the original amount being stated on that notice.

hope that makes sense

thanks

Re: default

I would imagine that if the original default notice was accurate at the time (eg it was issued before you claimed back the PPI etc) then it would be accurate. All they have done is reduced the amount relating to the default. If the balance at the time of default was made up completely of PPI then I think there would be good grounds for removal. Your best bet is to write to them, perhaps even the company secretary and plead your case - that you could understand the default if it had been for the original amount, but for the sake of 400 pounds your credit is going to be adversely affected for many years and could they please work with you on the matter etc. Long shot, but worth a go?
    Advice given is offered as personal opinion only. I always recommend you seek professional legal advice.

Negative, I am a meat popsicle

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X