• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Interim Justia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interim Justia

I had an old debt written off by these guys as they could not produce the CCA. I had a letter confirming this and all was nicely put to bed - or so i thought.......

However IJ have been writing to me demandng payment for this debt. I phoned them yesterday (I know a big no no - but s I have proof that the det was written off i was feeling very confident)

I was told that IJ have just updated their computer sysytems and it would seem this upgrade has somewhat reactived all old and written off accounts!!

They explained it was their error, and said that it had affected a lot of customers and they were gettign lots of complaints about it.

They confirmed the account was written off and wpuld update their accounts accordingly

I just wonder how many people would/could end up paying debts they didn't need to because of IJ "computer update"

Re: Interim Justia

Computer update my rear

Comment

Re: Interim Justia

My brother had a debt with IJ some years ago and I foolishly gave my number as a contact number for him. Despite making the payments that were agreed with them, they would still make some excuse to phone, even if it was still claiming the debt was owed, until it got to the point some time after the debt clearance that I had to tell them that the phone number they had was a contact point only and I had told them this the previous month they called and whereby I had also instructed them to remove my phone number as a contact number from the account and as they obviously hadn't done so as I was still receiving calls, that on the next call I said, and I quote 'If I receive one more call from IJ, I will take you to court for undue harrassment, goodbye' and I never heard a thing again.

I know that things aren't generally as easy as this. but I received no more phone calls and I felt a lot better for having told them where to go instead of always trying to be nice as quite often it doesn't get you anywhere.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X