• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Next Directory/DCA threat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Directory/DCA threat

My first time posting,so apologies if things go awry.
    My wife received a letter dated 12th May 2010,from Next Directory,Collections Dept,stating outstanding balance of £1,800.
    Briefly the letter says that they are preparing the account to be sold on to a DCA and unless she contacts them between noon & 5pm from 17/5/10 to 20/5/10 at 5pm the phone line will cease to operate and the account will be sold.
    Now my wife says she owes them some money BUT doesn't think it's as much as they state. I'm concerned they have loaded the amount to help out the DCA in some way,so the DCA/Next can profit out of this. Also I think given we didn't receive the letter 'til 14/5/10 we have not been allowed much time to seek advise,also my wife works between these hours and has no access to a phone.
    Looking at the dates,I need advise/help rather quickly !

Re: Next Directory/DCA threat

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Firstly - ask for a breakdown/statement of the account, this will show you exactly how much is owing and how the figure has been arrived at. You need to do this in writing, don't discuss anything over the phone with them. Best thing would be to fax a copy to them, as time is short. Send a letter stating that you dispute the amount and that you require a full statement of the account. There are various letters in the DCA forum that you can adapt to suit, sorry for some reason it's not letting me post a link at the moment.
    Is no longer here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X