• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sealion v Capquest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sealion v Capquest

Hi SL

Here is a link to some debt letters which may help you http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ead.php?t=9110

Tuttsi

Comment

Hi Curlyben, guess what - another letter from CapQuest. Noting with regret that I have chosen not to deal with this matter, and strongly state I must reply or better still phone them to set up a payment plan.with immediate effect, if I do not then they will pass this matter over to their solicitors to commence legal action on or around 21st May.
      They then say that through this process they will seek an Order of the Court, directing me to pay monies outstanding - if successful they will then obtain a Warrent of Execution, a Court Enforcement Officer (Bailiff) will be assigned to attend my address and carry out the warrent. To Quote the letter.
      The letter goes on about A Walking Posession Agreement whereby seized goods now will legally belong to the bailiff, but I can keep them at home as long as I continue paying up. But if I do not pay then the goods will be taken to pay the debt.

No mention of the "prove it Letter" or the letter sent before where I enclosed my £1 P.O. to ask for the original creditors agreement. This waiting time is up on the 25th May (12 working days notice) does this still count please?

The CapQuest Letter came on on headed paper, only my address and debt amount and the words "Letter Before Action" was freshly typed in all the rest is photocopy including the squiggle signature.

What do I do now please? thank you
      Sealion

Comment

File it under I as the Threat-O-Matic has you in it's clutches.

Also, if this was a legit LBA you should of been given 14 days to respond, not ONE

I've got a few of those as well, no sweat.

Reread what the letter actually says and you'll see it's lots of may's, if's and should's and nothing definite.
        What's the point in threaten Bailiff's etc if it hasn't even been to court..
        Shame on your CQ yet another harrasagram.

Comment

Well they did say that if I do not reply then my account will be passed to their solicitors - on or around the 21st " (tomorrow). Nothing definate - so time limit of their Special CapQuest warning could extend from 1 day to the full 14 perhaps they mean to surprise me!!

Should I send a letter asking then to stop harrasing me, as I have already sent two previous letters the CCA and the prove it letter - both have been ignored by them. So should I just ignore this one or by doing that will they continue to write with more threats.
          Thank you very much, kind regards
          Sealion

Comment

Na, just file it.
            Any response will just confuse them.
            Remember you have already sent a prove it to some one with a couple of working brain cells

Comment

ok I will do as you say. If I recieve any more I will let you know.

Thank you
              Sealion

Comment

Any news SL??

Comment

Hi Tuttsi, since our last conversation, and sending them a "prove it letter"we recieved a letter from Capquest saying that they were going to contact the original debtor to get the documents relating to the said outstanding debt of some £1400+, after the alloted time for a reply had expired we have heard nothing.

This proves beyond all doubt that all of the "bully boy tactics", of we will take you to court, you will pay this, your debt will increase, etc, etc turns out to be EXACTLY to the letter, as both Curly Ben and your self said, a pile of pure manure, they were chancing their arm, so to all of you people out there, do not get your self into panic mode, these parasites (Capquest) are just dancing in the dark.

Thank you all, at Legal Beagles once again for all your support & help,
                  Kindest Regards Sealion & Wife.

Comment

Why does that not surprise me.

I'm sorry to say, but it's unlikely to be the last you will hear of this as it will be passed on to another DCA. Now, though, you are forearmed and waiting for them

Comment

Thank you for the warning, so if another DCA writes to me, I shall just ignore the letter and anyothers that come my way - use them to light my log burner in the winter !!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X