• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ On file! I Received no paperwork???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ On file! I Received no paperwork???

I finally plucked up the courage to check out my credit file last week!!!

I lost my income in Dec 2004 as my elderly mum had an accident that left her disabled and to allow her to continue living at home, I left paid work to became her full time carer ~ and now live on carers allowance and a bit of income support!

(Up until this I had a good job and an excellent credit history)

Since 2004 my file now shows my original debts as all being satisfied ~ but in reality they were bought by other debt companies and are still showing as outstanding.

I also have one CCJ listed against me in 2007: I had know idea who took me to court as I never received any paperwork from any company about a court case, so I presume it was sent to an address I moved from in 2004!

The filed showed it was granted in Northampton Court so I requested the information and was sent this back today.

The case was issued by a Bryan Carter and Co.

The claimant claims £282.00, such sum being part of a debt due under an agreement number ********* ("the agreement")whereby the defendant agreed to pay the claimant £3392.22 ("the debt").for the avoidance of doubt in making this claim for a part of the debt the claimant does not waive any rights as to the balance of the debt, which the defendant continues to owe to the claimant under the agreement. The claimant reserves the right to make further claim for such sums of the debt as remain outstanding.'

Bryan Carter & Co
    Persimmon House
    Brooklands
    Weybridge
    Surrey
    KT13 0NT

Can I do anything about not knowing about this? Or because they don’t contact me at my present address ~ would it be better to just let sleeping dogs lie???

Any suggestions welcome ~ I really want to repair want credit damage I can!

Thanks
    Last edited by Topinfo; 6th April 2010, 12:38:PM.

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X