• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Jester Vs Red Castle Recoveries

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jester Vs Red Castle Recoveries

Well, it took them a bit of time but Red Castle have finally come back with a response.

I won't scan the letter in (because my oldest daughter has pinched the scanner and I don't where it is as yet), but basically it says:

Dear Mr Jester,

Further to my letter of 5th May please find the enclosed copy of the documentation that you have requested for account reference: XXXXXXXXX.

I have requested a Statement of Account from our client CIT Group (UK) Limited and your account remains on hold. As soon as I receive this I will forward it to you.

I can confirm that your account has not been assigned to Gothia by CIT group (UK) Ltd. We are acting as agents on their behalf therefore we are not obliged to provide you with a copy of the deed of assignment. I can further confirm that account reference: XXXXXXXXXX has been returned to our client as they are unable to provide a copy of the documentation that you have requested at this time. I enclose your £1 fee for this request.

Yours sincerely

Now I have a couple of questions about this:

1. Is it true that they are not obliged to provide me with a copy of the deed of assignment ?

2. What should I be looking for on the documentation they have provided so far to see whether this is a true signed copy that can be used for any enforcement action.

3. I guess the next stage will not start until I receive a copy of the statement of account whereby I can go for claiming any charges back and put the account in dispute ?

Would appreciate some guidance on the next steps.

Cheers

Comment

1. Yes, especially as they have confirmed they are acting as Agent.
      2 + 3. You require the agreement, nowt else will do. Statements of account, while pretty, are meaningless

Comment

Well they have provided me with one copy of an agreement, they have already admitted that they cannot provide the other one. It all 'appears' to be in order (though I am still pretty sure this is covered by my IVA, but have to check this). I also need to work out which amount this one is for. I'll try and scan it later (when daughter comes home) for scrutiny. However, it does appear to have the prescribed terms that I understand need to be there.

So, now all I can do is wait for the Statement and see if there are any charges I can go after them for. Their efforts will all be for nought anyway if this is (as I suspect) covered by my IVA.

Cheers Ben

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X