• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Kat1973 Credit card update and advice needed.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kat1973 Credit card update and advice needed.

Hi again all,

Quick update ref my Virgin and MBNA cards. I wrote and requested CCA's for both cards, they sent a copy of a signed CCA for the Virgin card, but for the MBNA card just a statement signed by someone their end (?!) and usual terms and conditions bumf. Am I in a position to dispute this card now? If so how would I go about it? If there is a specific letter would someone mind pointing me in the right direction and advising on how to proceed please?

Very much appreciated,

Kate x

Re: Kat1973 Credit card update and advice needed.

Why did you request CCAs? And why do you want to dispute the cards? Are you in arrears, or have any DCAs been chasing you? Are there charges on the cards (late payments, overlimit etc)?
    Is no longer here

Comment

Hi Wendy,

Basically my now ex boyfriend ran up about 5K on each card and then buggered off to Australia (no way I can prove its his as they are in my name and I stupidly agreed to it). I'm not in arrears yet but I rang them to say I couldnt afford the monthly payments (I could only afford the interest and even that is killing me) - submitted my income / expenses and they agreed to drop the interest to £25 on each card for three months saying I would then have to look at going into an arrangement which would hit my credit rating. Somebody here kindly advised about reclaiming charges so I've sent the standard letter on that and got a response saying they would resolve by 30.03 (I think there are only a couple of late charges to be honest). I was just curious about the CCA's as I'm pretty much resigned to going into an arrangement now and £5K would obviously be easier to deal with than £10K.

Thanks for your help. K

Comment

I think it's on this thread Wendy Newbie seeking help and advice - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Comment

Hi, thanks Amy, sorry guys I was just trying to split the cards out of my initial general cry for help.

K

Comment

yes I thought it looked familiar, might be as well to merge the two? I am easily confused, as you know lol x and it will stop people repeating themselves.
            Is no longer here

Comment

Okey dokey - how do I do that?

Comment

Hi all - well no dice on reclaiming the few late fees I had - just got what are obviously standard letters from MBNA for both cards saying that they do not agree with the office of fair trading and that as far as they are concerned all charges were fairly incurred and stand. I could scan and post up if someone tells me how, not that it seems worth persuing now.

Also would still welcome advice on whether or not to dispute the card they dont have a signed CCA for.

Comment

Kat, have a look at my MBNA thread here I found MBNA ridiculously easy to get the charges back from. The original letter I sent as a prelim was lifted from Tools' Barclaycard thread. Might be worth writing back to MBNA, see if you can get any further.
                  Is no longer here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X