• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

unknown ccj

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unknown ccj

hi everyone,
    im new to this site and was just wondering if anyone could help me or point me in the direction of someone who can help with my problem. my problem is this....

i am originally from northern ireland, however, in 2007 i was living and working in london for a retail company. i decided to return to northern ireland after 4 months of employment as i was feeling home sick. after returning from london i recieved the last wages payment into my bank account. it was a bit larger than expected but i put this down to holiday entitlement. about a month ago i applied for credit and was rejected. i checked my credit rating on experian and it says that i have a ccj from the afformentioned company. this is the first time i even knew that they have been looking for money from me and im assuming that this was the reason. what can i do to solve/get around this. the company knew i was leaving the country to return to ireland as it was my reason for notice.the also knew my address as they had done a 'working reffernce'with my past employers but have failed to send me any notice of court actions for 3 years!! any help or suggestions with this will be greatley appreciated. thanks in advance

Re: unknown ccj

Hi christy welcome to Legal Beagles.(sorry spelt your name wrong last night)

As you had no previous knowledge or correspondence from your ex employer before the court claim and subsequent CCJ, you should be able to apply for the judgement to be set aside.

As mentioned last night in my PM, I'm not sure of the correct procedure for this, but someone will be along to advise you shortly.

CJ

Comment

Bump

Comment

Hi christy.

To get the CCJ set aside you will need to complete a N244 and send it to the Court.

Normally this should be done within a short time frame, but as you were unaware of the claim there's a good chance that this can still be set aside.

I've added a link below to the HMCS web site where you can download a copy of the form.

Forms and Guidance

CJ

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X