• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help with Welcome Car Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Welcome Car Finance

I need some advice here people as I feel I am at the end of the road with where to go for help on this one.

2002 I took a car on HP with Welcome CF - in 2004 I had come to the half way point of the HP contract so wanted VT as I was now in a position to get a better HP from a better lender and not pay very high APR% that I was paying with welcome. All payments with welcome where up to date - on calling their office they said it had to be in writing - this I did and hand delivered the letter, with a friend, in the letter saying where the car would be parked and if they could arrange collection. i then cancelled my DD and got a new car with another company.

I cant remember the exact time frame now as it was 6 years ago (might have been around 6 weeks), but I called welcome to see why they had not picked the car up or contacted me regarding the car - only to be told I was in arrears, they said they did not have the VT letter and anyway now I was not able to VT as I had missed a payment on the account which they said voided my right to VT.

I was very annoyed at this as I had done everything to order and the 100% did receive the VT letter! This was then now a case of their word against mine and I was in no way going to stand down. Letters and calls went on for months right up until 2005 - and this is where the defaulted me! They finally did pick the car up in 2005, but said they would be looking for the full OS HP on the car regardless of them having the car! they defaulted me in March 2005 for £8100 (I am sure this was the full purchase price of the car, and bare in mind I had paid 2 years at £318PCM)

Over the years I have moved 3 times, but have been on the voters role - so should be easy enough to find.

Nothing has happened with Welcome since then - I have not had any communication, any demands no calls - I just have this default sitting on my account for £8100 that I dont know how to sort and get off!

In November 2009 I wrote to them demanding proof of what this default was and asking for it to be removed - only to get a letter back from another company saying welcome had sold the debt to them in 2007 and all they sent me was a statement saying they had to legally send me this - but yet again there was no demand for money - just a statement

I really need the default off my account - I want to sort a mortgage and know this will be a massive hurdle if it is still on my file - I should point out it is only showing on one credit report, none of the others.

I have been reading loads and have looked at this statute barred situation as I know in scotland it is 5 years from date of last payment or saying you acknowledge the debt - I have not paid anything in at least 6 years or acknowledged the debt.

What do I do, how do I get this off my file?

Any help here would be much appreciated - I really am at a loose end and dont know what to do next.

PS

I have called CAB - not much help
    Looked into getting CCA's to see if there is anything I can go on with this. - not even sure if this will be worth it :-(

Please help if you have any direction on where i should be going

xSJx

Re: Help with Welcome Car Finance

evening

right this is what you need to do

send this with a ten quid postal order and recorded delievery

keep it hush hush but the biz about doing a vt will be on the computer screen shots

when you get back the info, update you thread

who is the dca

lewis
    cl finance
    dlc

Welcome financial services
    Compliance
    Ruddington fields business park
    Ruddington
    Nottingham
    NG11 6NZ

[DATE]

Data Protection Act 1998
    Subject Access Request

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx (or multiple numbers if more than one account)

Please supply me with copies of all the data which you hold on me in relation to any matter and in any form and for any period of time.
    Please note that I require disclosure of any personal data which you hold on me for the entire period of my dealings with you.
    The Subject Access is not limited to my transaction history and it is not linited merely to 6 years of historical information.
    Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my financial business with you.

I require all information on details of all insurance products supplied by welcome financial services. This is to include the statement of means, statement of price, details of all insurance premium tax paid, and underwriting sheets.
    If mortage indemnity insurance has been added to the agreement, i require all details on who this premium was paid to, and who underwrites this insurance.

If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply. Furthermore, if I discover that you have levied disproportionate penalties or charges which are invalid under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations against me, then I shall be reclaiming them together with any interest charges which you have levied on them.

As it is your wrongdoing and mishandling of my account which has created the necessity for this Subject Access Request, I shall also be reclaiming the enclosed £10 DPA subject access request fee.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.
    I would be happy to collect the Data from my local branch.

Yours faithfully,

PRINT NAME

[name]

Comment

Thanks for that Lewis :-) Will write of to them and get this sorted out.

Just looked at the second party statement Lewis looks like its who you work with, DLC. Should I also send this to DLC?

Thanks again and hope its not muddying the water your end.

Comment

Lewis Is Part Of The Cattles Empire
        They Own Welcome

Do Not Talk To Any Dca

Send That Sar Direct To Welcome With The Address Given

Comment

Message For Site Team

If You Want To Make That Sar Into A Stickie
          Be My Guest

It Asks Direct Questions To Welcome For Which They Cant Ignore

Comment

Stuck as a sample SAR, thanks.
            Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Originally posted by keithposty View Post
              Message For Site Team

If You Want To Make That Sar Into A Stickie
              Be My Guest

It Asks Direct Questions To Welcome For Which They Cant Ignore
              Hi there how do you mean "stickie"? x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X