• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Writing to DCA Constitute Acknowledgment of Debt???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Writing to DCA Constitute Acknowledgment of Debt???

Morning.
    I've received a letter this morning from a DCA called Rockwell stating that they have been instructed by Tessera Portfolio Management regarding a debt "that remains unpaid".

I have no knowledge of either of these firms or the debt.

Can someone please advise if writing to Rockwell stating this constitutes in law any acknowledgment of the debt?

I have been advised to send them the following letter. It is a letter that has been sent by another party to Rockwell regarding a similar case in the past - I'd appreciate any suggestions:

"You have contacted me regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself.

I would point out that I have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to Rockwell Debt Collection Agency, Tessera Portfolio Management Ltd or anybody else.

I am familiar with the ‘Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance’ which states that it is unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore, ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above accounts unless you can provide evidence as to my liability for the debt in question.

I await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I look forward to your reply."

Any ideas?!?!

Thanks.

Re: Writing to DCA Constitute Acknowledgment of Debt???

Fire off the prove it letter.
    If you read it it clearly states that you do NOT acknowledge this debt and they must supply appropriate proof.

Comment

I must say that you have gather so much information about debt collection topic which seems to be very interesting and having alot of good things though and if you want to learn more on the same then you can surely go for trustmypaper which provide guarantee 100% good content toward your study.
      they have a moto that learn with dignity and succeed with your score which save your life and career.

Comment

Blimey this is a 2009 thread. So many changes 2020

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X