• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MHA Collections - Lloyds TSB credit card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MHA Collections - Lloyds TSB credit card

Hi Everyone,

Just want to introduce myself here as I am new.

I hope someone can give me some advice as I'm not sure what to do. I have an outstanding credit card debt with Lloyds TSB for £7,500. This is recent and I have not denied the debt to Lloyds TSB. However, I did offer to pay £15 a month as I was recently made redundant in September 08 and now claiming Jobseekers allowance. The said that they could not accept this payment. So I then received a letter from secharius which I believe is another department of Lloyds. Again I called them and said that I can only pay £15 per month, which again the would not accept. The debt has now gone to MHA Collections and they are demanding £188 per month or they will start legal proceedings. I haven't called them and I'm not quite sure what to do? I am prepared to clear my debt, so who do I turn to for advice? Should I contact Lloyds again to resolve this? Also, I do have a bank OD with lloyds and a loan which I am paying back each month as we came to an arrangement. So my argument is, if they can accept the arrangements for my OD and loan, why can't they accept what I offer to pay them for my credit card?

All your help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Tya

Re: MHA Collections - Lloyds TSB credit card

Hiya and welcome to the site.

Firstly please, please do not discuss anything with any of them on the phone, insist on doing everything in writing, this will give you a nice neat papertrail if its ever needed.

Next we need to get this passed back to the OC (Original Creditor) have a read of this link Legal Beagles its Curlybens excellent guide to the CCA, follow the guidelines there and hopefully the debt will go back to Lloyds. This will give you some breathing space in which time you can prepare your income and expenditure sheet ready for the next steps.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you so much for your help. I will be doing this today and will keep you informed.

Once again, thank you!

Tya

Comment

Sechiari Clarke and Mitchell were the in-house solicitors for TSB, way back in 1998.Doesn't look like much has changed!

Do you have loads of charges on your Credit card account?
        Is no longer here

Comment

Hello and Welcome Tya
          Luminol x

Comment

Originally posted by WendyB View Post
            Sechiari Clarke and Mitchell were the in-house solicitors for TSB, way back in 1998.Doesn't look like much has changed!

Do you have loads of charges on your Credit card account?

They have now stopped on charges on my credit card account especially when I told them that I had been made redundant and could only offord £15 a month.

I have looked at the thread done by Curlyben, which is very good. But I'm unsure as to which letter I should send first to MHA Collections.... Please note, I am willing to pay my debt back, but as advised on my terms and dealing with LLOYDS TSB. As mentioned before, I am paying them back my overdraft and loan. Any advice on what letter I should send to the DCA so the debt is sent back to the OC will be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X