• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

QDR / Lantern - 30 Days and help with Mystery Debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QDR / Lantern - 30 Days and help with Mystery Debt

Hi all,

Thanks for all your help to others! I need a bit of help with a situation that I've found myself in. I've worked very hard to get myself out of debt the last few years, I'm now just working through one final DMP at the moment!

Now I'm just faced with an email from QDR Solicitors, who have been handed a debt from 2017 by Lantern (previously Lending Stream) who are dealing with the debt on their behalf. When it was with Lantern I questioned it as Statute barred. I asked for a CCA (which they provided, but it was with Lending Stream, not with them) and proof of payments , and received one. My last apparent payment before default was in 2017. However, there appears to be a mystery payment a year later which I have no record of with my bank, and it's not on any of my credit reports - Lantern or this debt doesn't appear on my credit report which is why I understand it to be statute barred.

28/01/2018 Default Fee £274.92
    16/02/2018 Termination Fee £274.92
    22/01/2019 Payment -£29.34 £245.58

Now they've handed it over to QDR who have given me 30 days to pay, and I asked it to be handed back to Lantern as although I did not acknowledge the debt I said I wanted to deal with them. They've refused and have given me this time to pay. What can I do?

Tags: None

Hi MUJIDUPE

Welcome to LB

Don't speak to solicitors or creditors by phone.

Send your bank, credit card etc a SAR request for the period in question. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

Send QDR Solicitors / Lantern a dispute letter. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.
    (This should give you time to get all the requested information in)

https://nationaldebtline.org/get-inf...-not-owe-debt/

Send Lantern a SAR request, they have 30 days to provide all the data on the account. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

Comment

Thank you - This is really helpful, I will ask them to provide all data on the account including any payment account information, as I have only ever had two bank accounts, and neither of them show this transaction. I'll do all of this now. From researching the company, Lending Stream went into Administration around that time initially (before going back into business again) so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

How do I stop them from mounting any legal action in the mean time? Is this Action before a Claim? The wording is:

'Thank you for recent correspondence, the contents of which we have noted.

Please see above the information that our clients have provided concerning this matter, where interest and charges have been frozen.

Please note, we are acting on behalf of our client, Lantern Debt Recovery Services Limited.

The above matter has been passed to us; therefore any further communication should be directed to ourselves.

We have held this file for 30 days to allow you time to arrange payment.

Failure to make payment will result in the file remaining open and further contact being made.'

Comment

Originally posted by mujidupe View Post
        Thank you - This is really helpful, I will ask them to provide all data on the account including any payment account information, as I have only ever had two bank accounts, and neither of them show this transaction. I'll do all of this now. From researching the company, Lending Stream went into Administration around that time initially (before going back into business again) so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

How do I stop them from mounting any legal action in the mean time? Is this Action before a Claim? The wording is:

'Thank you for recent correspondence, the contents of which we have noted.

Please see above the information that our clients have provided concerning this matter, where interest and charges have been frozen.

Please note, we are acting on behalf of our client, Lantern Debt Recovery Services Limited.

The above matter has been passed to us; therefore any further communication should be directed to ourselves.

We have held this file for 30 days to allow you time to arrange payment.

Failure to make payment will result in the file remaining open and further contact being made.'

The following 'should' stop them starting anything, until the dispute is resolved.
        'Send QDR Solicitors / Lantern a dispute letter.'

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post

The following 'should' stop them starting anything, until the dispute is resolved.
          'Send QDR Solicitors / Lantern a dispute letter.'
          Thank you - There's also apparently another letter than QDR sent me via text, with a link which I couldn't actually log into because the information I tried to use was apparently wrong (which tried to get me to call them, which I wont).

Can I ask them to reiterate the contents in an email without claiming the debt?

Can I send a dispute letter via email? Lantern accepted my data request via their Data Protection Officer email. I'll send it off tomorrow if not.

Sorry for the questions.

Comment

Originally posted by mujidupe View Post

Thank you - There's also apparently another letter than QDR sent me via text, with a link which I couldn't actually log into because the information I tried to use was apparently wrong (which tried to get me to call them, which I wont).

Can I ask them to reiterate the contents in an email without claiming the debt?

Can I send a dispute letter via email? Lantern accepted my data request via their Data Protection Officer email. I'll send it off tomorrow if not.

Sorry for the questions.
            'Can I send a dispute letter via email?

Yes.

Just state to them the 'debt is disputed, if there are any documents they wish you to review, you would be most grateful if they can be emailed to you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X