• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

ResolveCall claiming payment on very old debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ResolveCall claiming payment on very old debt

Hi all, was contacted via resolve call threatening a door stop visit for a very old welcome finance debt. I emailed claiming no knowledge of debt and asking for evidence of it.

received the following email and looking how to progress.

Thank you for contacting us.

As a reconnection company, our only purpose when conducting a field visit is to reconnect you to our office to discuss the matter in detail. A field visit is only completed if we've received no response from the customer following our initial correspondence. However, I can confirm that as you have contacted us directly, there is no requirement for us to visit your home regarding this matter.

Our client, Jefferson Capital Acquisition LLC (Client Reference: redacted) has requested that you contact us on their behalf regarding the outstanding balance of £4,016.36 for a previous Swift Advance Coast Finance Account (Original Creditor Reference: redacted). The account was started on 19/04/2007, a payment of £10 was last made to the account on 03/11/2022, and was then acquired by our client on 10/03/2023.

Please contact us on 0141 212 8500should you require any further assistance, and a member of our team will be happy to assist you further. We are open Monday to Thursday 8am until 8pm, Friday 8am until 6:30pm and Saturday 9am until 2pm.

You can also manage your account online at http://www.myresolvecall.co.uk

i haven’t made a ten pound payment and cannot see it on any bank statements, no defaults on credit file and score is healthy. Stupid of me I know but I assume a classic teenage debt that I had forgotten about and has been passed around getting occasional letters etc over the years. One company wa kind enough to let me know it was unforceable.

looking for an expert to let me know how I should act or reply to the above email.

many thanks

Tags: None

Some some stranger has made a £10 payment in November 2022? Was this a joint loan with another person and the other borrower could have made payments? Or (as you mention being a teenager when it was taken out) was there a guarantor, a parent maybe who might have made a payment?

When was the account with the original creditor defaulted? My understanding is that if the debt had become statute barred prior to November 2022 then a payment after it became staute barred does not 'remove' the statute barring and make it enforceable again.

Let's see what others advise on here. You will probably be advised to send a data protection SAR (Subject Access Request) to both the original lender and to Jefferson Capital to see what information they hold, and what other payments have been made.

They say the debt was assigned to Jefferson Capital in March 2023. Did you get a Notice of Assignment from the original lender? It may be that they sent it to whatever was the last address they held for you if that isn't where you live now.

A a side comment I had to laugh at their attempt to brand themselves as a "reconnection company". Just another name for a debt collector... lol. Debt collectors have no legal powers.
    All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X