• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Being chased for old debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being chased for old debt

In recent times I have been getting texts (unclear how they got my number) from a debt collection agency. I have not replied to any and have not called them back.

Initially I had no idea what it was for, until I received a letter. It relates to a debt going all the way back to 2012.

I received a Letter Before Summons from the owner of this alleged debt, in around 2016. I found a template letter from somewhere online and sent it off to them, asking for the CCA. They could not provide me with this and sent a letter to confirm (I no longer have this letter).

I have not written to them or made any payments whatsoever as I am in dispute.

I did however write to my original creditor in 2020 to claim PPI back. They no longer owned any debts and made me a payment. This account I am being chased for now, may have been part of that PPI claim. The debt had long been sold though.I believe the original creditor sold my debts in 2013/4

So, Initially they could not pronide a CCA, upon request and there was no acknowledgement from me in a total of 8 years. I obviously never explicitly admitted the debt, I did just request a refund for 2 accounts. I was awarded a payment as I no longer had a contract with the original creditor, I didn't owe them anything.

I did have a debt I admit with the original creditor, which I actually received a CCJ for, that has now expired and I paid the full debt off in installments.

Given the alleged debt was both statute barred and the new owner failed to provide a CCA upon request, that's the end of it, right? Can the original creditor randomly just send my PPI claim off to the new owner of this alledged debt and reset the clock?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X