• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Capquest Intrum and Resolvecall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capquest Intrum and Resolvecall

Hi, new here and after some advice after reading a lot of similar situation threads.

Long story short got into debt/credit card issues back in 2007/8 . Defaulted 08/09 last payment was early 08 Moved out of country to start a new life...

Skip forward to today I'm now back in country for family reasons, have been for a while. Got a combined letter from capquest/intrum/resolve call. The debt in all these years has changed debt collection agencies multiple times and now in the hands of Intrum/resolve.

No communication from me to anyone, no calls, emails, payments, no acknowledgement from 08 to present day... so its very old debt, i checked the registry several times in 2010/11/12 and and no CCJs appeared. Credit history and registry are all clear as of checking this week.

The resolve letter mentions the usual, no reply to this letter in 7 days from date of the letter (5th of May) and only arrived the day, arrange for a doorstep visit etc etc.

As the age, no comms it should be barred? Can I just ignore the letter or is it best to send them the time ran out/statute barred letter .. I know the letters are scare tactics and they probably realise its barred but still unnerving reading.

Thanks for reading and any help/advice!
    Tags: None

Hi Debt

Welcome to LB

Send the following, make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...ed-debt-letter

Update the thread with their response.

Comment

Hi, and thanks for the link, info.. Would it be OK to email them the letter?

Comment

Originally posted by Debt_concern View Post
        Hi, and thanks for the link, info.. Would it be OK to email them the letter?
        Yes, you'll get an auto-reply. Then they'll make contact once they 'deal' with the letter. Update the thread when you get a response.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, what is the email address /or best one to use for resolvecall?

Can't find one on the Web or letter.. only have one found on another legal site arc@resolve.co.uk?

Comment

Just out of curiosity, what is the email address /or best one to use for resolvecall?

Can't find one on the Web or letter.. only have one found on another legal site arc@resolve.co.uk?
            Try enquiries@resolvecall.co.uk

Comment

Hi, I emailed resolvecall and copied Intrum to the email aswell seeing as resolvecall is working for them and possibly capquest for the same debt. It's changed hands so many times lol.

No reply from resolvecall but did get an automated response from intrum.

"
              We have received your email and will respond in due course.

Please be aware when replying to emails we need to ensure the security of our customer's data. If you have not already done so, please respond to this email providing the following information:

1. Your Full Name

2. Intrum Reference Number

3. Date of Birth

4. Contact telephone number (if you would like us to call you)

5. Postal Address including Postcode

6. Authorised email address (This will give us authorisation to write to you via email and ensure we are complying with data protection legislation)

We would be grateful if you could provide this information to us within the next 7 days. Should no contact be forthcoming, we will issue a response via post.

Is this standard? Stalling tactics? Safe to send them the personal info except phone number..

They ask for the intrum reference but all I have is the resolvecall ref and original account number from the resolvecall letter saying they're acting for intrum, never receiving an actual letter from Intrum..

Comment

Hi, I emailed resolvecall and copied Intrum to the email aswell seeing as resolvecall is working for them and possibly capquest for the same debt. It's changed hands so many times lol.

No reply from resolvecall but did get an automated response from intrum.

"
                We have received your email and will respond in due course.

Please be aware when replying to emails we need to ensure the security of our customer's data. If you have not already done so, please respond to this email providing the following information:

1. Your Full Name

2. Intrum Reference Number

3. Date of Birth

4. Contact telephone number (if you would like us to call you)

5. Postal Address including Postcode

6. Authorised email address (This will give us authorisation to write to you via email and ensure we are complying with data protection legislation)

We would be grateful if you could provide this information to us within the next 7 days. Should no contact be forthcoming, we will issue a response via post.

Is this standard? Stalling tactics? Safe to send them the personal info except phone number..

They ask for the intrum reference but all I have is the resolvecall ref and original account number from the resolvecall letter saying they're acting for intrum, never receiving an actual letter from Intrum..
                Providing that info should be fine, they can probably get that info from your Credit File.
                Give them what you are comfortable to give.
                You the Ref's you have no doubt they'll make contact if it's wrong.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X