• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell... Again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell... Again

Lowell are claiming I owe for a three account that I have been disputing for some time. I made a complaint, as when I received the SAR response there wasn't and I still have not been provided with proof that the debt was mine.
    This is their response to the complaint. I don't know how to proceed against this company any longer.
    Dear Mr *********,
    Complaint Reference:*******
    For your reference, I have attached a copy of our complaint procedure to this email; thank you for getting in touch to raise your concerns and for your patience whilst your complaint has been investigated.

My understanding of your complaint
    You are unhappy as you have raised a Data Subject Access Request (DSAR) to Lowell regarding your former Three Mobile account (Lowell reference: **********) which has been responded to, but you feel that some documentation is missing.

Findings
    At Lowell we take all complaints seriously and every effort is made to ensure that a thorough investigation is undertaken and the right outcome reached.

In order to investigate this complaint, I have reviewed the information that we hold on your accounts.

Our records show that we received contact from you which was received on 5 January 2024. Within this letter you advised that you had not received a response to the DSAR which was raised previously. We then responded via letter dated 30 January 2024 which provided an updated copy of the personal information that was previously sent to you on 11 April 2023.

When raising a DSAR, the company you have raised this to is obligated to provide you with any information they hold relating to your account. Having reviewed your account, we have provided all the materials and information that we hold in relation to your account.

I understand that you have requested some documentation that we do not currently hold, such as the original agreement and the notice of default. Mobile phone service contracts are not regulated agreements under the provisions of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. There is no statutory requirement to sign an agreement in order to obtain an account of this kind. As such, this is not something that we can request from Three Mobile. Also, we are unable to request the notice of default as this is not something that we have access to as per our agreement with Three Mobile. I have requested a statement for the account, which will be provided to you once we have received it.

Although we are unable to provide these materials, it may be possible for Three Mobile to provide it. As such, in order to obtain these documents, I would advise that you raise a DSAR with Three Mobile as they should be able to provide them to you if they are still held on their files.

Conclusion
    In summary of the above, I am unable to uphold your complaint.

If I have misunderstood your complaint or there is any additional information you would like me to consider, please don’t hesitate to contact me. You can call me on Freephone 0800 542 0058 - we’re open: Mon-Fri: 8am-6pm -telling me your reason and including any evidence which has not already been provided that you think is important to your case. Alternatively, you can e-mail me using complaintsresolution@lowellgroup.co.uk, or write to me at Lowell Financial, PO Box 13079, Harlow, CM20 9TE.

The Dispute Resolution Ombudsman also provides a dispute resolution service to assist customers who feel their complaint remains unresolved.

You have the right to refer your complaint to the Dispute Resolution Ombudsman, free of charge – but you must do so within 12 months of the date of this email.

If you do not refer your complaint in time, the Ombudsman will only be able to consider your complaint in very limited circumstances, for example, if the Ombudsman believes that the delay was as a result of exceptional circumstances.

For more information on their services, you can visit their website http://www.disputeresolutionombudsman.org.

Please let us know if you would like a copy of the Dispute Resolution Ombudsman leaflet sent out by post.

Next Steps
    Following the closure of your complaint, your account will be placed on hold for 30 days, during which time our normal contact will stop. This will allow you the opportunity to review this response and to contact Lowell to discuss your intentions towards the account moving forward. Please be aware, should we not receive contact prior to the end of this hold period, our norma contact would resume.

Yours sincerely

Lowell
    Tags: None

'Mobile phone service contracts are not regulated agreements under the provisions of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. There is no statutory requirement to sign an agreement in order to obtain an account of this kind.'

The above is correct.

But when you signed up to Three Mobile, there would have been 'Terms and Conditions', that is what you want them to provide.

Also there is no need to start another thread.

Comment

I'm sorry for the new thread, I'd forgotten about the last. How do I delete this thread? I'll carry on with the last.

Comment

Originally posted by Whatthe! View Post
        I'm sorry for the new thread, I'd forgotten about the last. How do I delete this thread? I'll carry on with the last.
        It's fine, don't start anymore. When you start threads on the same topic, advice gets lost.

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post

It's fine, don't start anymore. When you start threads on the same topic, advice gets lost.
          Ok, thanks. I've asked for a copy of the original terms and conditions. Do they have to be specific to me or do I need to look out for anything in the terms and conditions?

Comment

Ok, thanks. I've asked for a copy of the original terms and conditions. Do they have to be specific to me or do I need to look out for anything in the terms and conditions?
            When you took out the contract, there would have been T & C's, they wouldn't be specific to you, but specific to the package / bundle you chose.

Comment

Just had a random email about this old statute barred debt now instead of the terms and conditions

Comment

Just had a random email about this old statute barred debt now instead of the terms and conditions
                Keep chasing the T & C's. That's typical, they can't send what's been requested, so send 'nonsense'.

Comment

What if they don't have the terms and conditions? The debt is on my credit file, yet it is due to drop off towards the end of this year.

Comment

What if they don't have the terms and conditions? The debt is on my credit file, yet it is due to drop off towards the end of this year.
                    If they decide to start proceedings, you can use the following in your Defence, you requested T & C's several times, they couldn't / wouldn't provide them.
                    Instead of providing them, they sent a email which didn't fulfill your request.

Comment

Update... email I just received.

Comment

Is there a way I could have this removed from my credit file since the debt is unenforceable?

Comment

Is there a way I could have this removed from my credit file since the debt is unenforceable?
                          Even, if the debt is 'unenforceable', they can still ask for the outstanding amount, although to do so might be a waste of their time.

Comment

So, in your opinion, I'm best off just ignoring it from now on?
                            No doubt, just before the six years are up they'll likely go for a ccj.

Comment

So, in your opinion, I'm best off just ignoring it from now on?
                              No doubt, just before the six years are up they'll likely go for a ccj.
                              Just keep one an eye on it. They need to lodge a claim with the Court, there is a long process, a CCJ only happens if you get a Judgement against you and you ignore it.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X