• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Aci myjar my jar help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
    EXC Can you approve my post, thank you.
    Done.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post

Done.
      Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post

Done.
        EXC I've tired to correct a typo, should have left well alone, it's filtered again, sorry.

Comment

No problem.I appreciate your time and I will Keep an eye out for it. I really appreciate your help. What I I should do now though if they keep contacting me I just don't know.
          ​​​​
          ​​​​​​

Comment

There is a thread from SCS62 who you were helping and they had exactly the same documents sent to them and wondered if they were going to court but no update has been posted which is a shame

Comment

Today I received this letter from ACI despite all the points I have made in this thread. Does anyone have any advice at all? The letter is as follows

Dear ******

Your account was previously put on hold, this hold period has now expired.

It is important that you contact us so that we can resolve your account amicably. Until you contact us, your account will remain open to further collection activity.

Comment

Originally posted by Robertson92 View Post
                Today I received this letter from ACI despite all the points I have made in this thread. Does anyone have any advice at all? The letter is as follows

Dear ******

Your account was previously put on hold, this hold period has now expired.

It is important that you contact us so that we can resolve your account amicably. Until you contact us, your account will remain open to further collection activity.

I would let them carry on with their 'collection activities', letters, phone calls (just block them) etc

See if they believe they have enough docs to start legal action. Remember they have to send you a Letter Before Action, before starting a Court Claim.

Comment

Ok I will do. Thank you so much echat11

Comment

Sorry it me again. Now I am confused. Aci have sent me a copy of a default notice from themselves and not a copy of a default notice from MYJAR as I never received one from MYJAR. So my question is that if by sending me their own default notice is that an admission that my jar didn't send me one as as far as I am aware there cannot be 2 registered defaults for the same debt. And if MYJAR didn't send me a default notice then is that breach of regulations as far as selling the debt to ACI goes? I may be wrong.
                    The letter is worded as follows :-

ACI Customer Reference: *****
                    Balance Outstanding: £******
                    Dear *****
                    We enclose a Notice of Default which you should read carefully. Legally, we must send this to you and
                    ensure that the status of your account is correctly updated on your credit file
                    If you can't afford to clear the arrears that's ok, because we are happy to continue to accept your
                    payments from your debt management company, however a default will be registered at the credit
                    reference agencies.
                    Enclosed are our answers to the most frequently asked questions in relation to Notices of Default and
                    credit reference agencies.
                    Yours sincerely,
                    ACI

This is an important document please read carefully
                    Your running-account credit agreement with MWJAR Ltd (now owned by Perch Capital Limited and being managed by us, ACI)
                    dated ******* and numbered ******, (the "agreement")
                    This is a default notice served on vou under Section 87(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.
                    Under the terms of the agreement, you were required to pay at least your minimum monthly payment by the date stated or
                    your statement. You have breached that requirement by failing to pay the minimum monthly payments due. You can remedy
                    your breach of the agreement by paying the arrears of £***** by **/07/2022.
                    If the action required by this notice is taken before the date shown, the action below will not be taken in respect of the breach.
                    f you do not take the action required by this notice before the date shown, then the further action set out below may be taken
                    against you.
                    This further action includes us
                    automatically ending the agreement and asking you to pay the outstanding balance due under the agreement;
                    reporting your non-payment to credit reference agencies (which may mean it is harder to get credit in the future); and
                    starting legal proceedings and asking the Court to give us a County Court judgment.
                    If vou are not sure what to do, you should get helip as soon as possible. The Government's Monevhelper can help you find free
                    debt advice and support, or you can contact the organisations listed in the Financial Conduct Authority's information sheet.
                    which is provided alongside this letter. This information sheet also contains important
                    information about your rights. lf it is not
                    included, you should contact us to get one.
                    if you have difficulty in paying any sum owed under this agreement, you can apply to the court for an order to give you more
                    time to pay any sum owed or take any other action required by this notice. The free advice services referred to in this notice
                    and in the Financial Conduct Authority's information sheet can help you explore this option.
                    We need to lst you know that if we took lsgal action against you and a court decided you must pay us the money owed under
                    the agreement, you may end up paying more than just the money owed under the agreement. this is because you will have to
                    pay the amount owed under the agreement plus interest from the date ofthe court decision, untilthe total amount is paid off
                    in full.
                    You can make payments to us in the following
                    ways:
                    Online - you can make a debit card payment and ser up a recurring payment arrangement securely via our
                    website www.aciuk.co.uk/payment
                    Telephone - you can make a debit card payment 24 hours a day 7 days a week using our automated payment line -Call
                    01253 531517 and press option 1
                    Bank payment - Make payment by bank transfer using your banking application or in a 'branch using Account Number:
                    ****** and Sort Code: ******
                    For more information about us or how to pay, visit our website www.aciuk.co.uk. Please contact us as soon as possible by
                    calling us on 01253 531 250, by emailing us at @aciuk.uk or writing to us at ACI, PO Box 123, Blyth, NE24 9ES to discuss

Comment

Myjar went out of business a while ago. As far as I know they ceased issuing loans before that.

I think an important question is was this a fixed term loan i.e. all to be repaid by a certain date or a revolving credit agreement , like a credit card but you borrow, pay back , borrow again.

When was the last time you actually made a payment to them?

Ive just looked at the FCA register and it seems that ACI can issue S87(1) Default Notices

I think I need to have a look at my old MyJar account- I thought it was long SB- just looked DN sent in 2015 so they can go away of they try to contact me.

Comment

It looks like they have sent an actual Default Notice, rather then a notice of "default sum in arrears". Unless you get the SAR info, you won't know if MYJAR sent you one.

Posted 8th October.

a) What they did send me was a notice of "default sum in arrears" which I am advised is not a copy of a default notice

What they have sent is not a 'default notice', it's what is sent before a default notice after two payments has been missed.

Comment

Hi. I did get the sar and there is no default notice from MYJAR in it. The default notice is from ACI after they bought the debt but definitely no default notice from MYJAR and I didn't receive one.

Comment

Originally posted by Robertson92 View Post
                            Hi. I did get the sar and there is no default notice from MYJAR in it. The default notice is from ACI after they bought the debt but definitely no default notice from MYJAR and I didn't receive one.
                            O.K. see what they do next, unless you want to do any of the things they state in the Default Notice.

Comment

Will do. Thank you Echat11

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X