• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Threat of home visit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Threat of home visit

Hi,

I'm new to this forum - looking for some help. Out of the blue, I received a letter from Resolvecall, acting on behalf of Capquest who purchased a debt from Shop Direct. I was facing some financial difficulties a long time ago and this could be one of those. I sent them a 'time has run out letter' that I downloaded from National debtline. But they immediately sent another letter saying there's a ccj against this and therefore, not statue barred, I checked my credit file and there's no ccj as it has dropped from my file because 6 years have passed. I moved a bit during those early days, so this maybe why I didn't received the ccj forms. They are threatening with a home visit if I don't pay.

My understanding is that they need to go to court and get permission to extend the ccj enforcement. Do I write to them mentioning this? Would they do this? Would a judge give them permission? If they do, will there be another record on my credit file? What are my options?

Many thanks.
    Tags: None

Hello

Have Resolvecall explained what they mean by a home visit? Are they saying that bailiffs are going to come and visit or are they saying one of their staff will visit your home? The difference is that a bailiff who has been instructed to enforce a debt related to a CCJ can legally come onto your premises but not force their way into your home (without a court order), but a person merely acting to knock on your door and demand payment has no legal rights, let alone any legal right to enter your land if you wish to prohibit that.

I think as a starting point, you should keep all communications in writing moving forward and you should ascertain some very basic information Resolvecall have said. So if I were you, I would respond back to them asking for the following information:

1. As they have claimed that a CCJ has been obtained, please provide you with the following details:

- The name of the claimant on the claim for, together with the court number so that you can verify and follow this up with the court.
    - A copy of the court order granting the creditor, Capquest judgment on the alleged debt.

Shouldn't be too difficult for them to obtain but in the meantime, you may want to consider sending a subject access request to Capquest to find out what information they hold about you which should include any court related information.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

deleted all read answered above

Comment

Thank you Rob. I'll write to them and see how it goes from there.

Comment

m4y2023 Hi I’m in a pretty similar situation to you, did you send the letters as above? Did you get a response? I’ve had a Resolvecall letter today telling me to contact them within 7 days from the date of the letter, which is tomorrow, which I wont be doing but just wondered how you got on?

Comment

Hi, I also received a letter from Resolvecall stating that a representative would be calling at my home to discuss my account regarding Cabot who purchased the account from J D Willuans and issued a CCJ in January 2015. Upon National Debt Line advice I sent Resolvecall a "time has run out to recover the debt" letter. Today I have received a reply from Resolvecall saying the debt is still pursuable. What would be my next course of action please as the CCJ is 7 years old? Many thanks in advance.

Comment

Harassment:- send cease harassment forthwith = you have been informed time barred failure of which ., a complaint will be made to FOS forthwith. send get proof posting.

Comment

Hi thanks for the reply. As the CCJ was dated January 2015 and Resolvecall are stating that the debt (J D Williams passed to Cabot who issued the CCJ) is still persuable what is the likelihood of them applying to court to enforce the payment? This catalogue debt is nearing 15 years old. I did go to Citizens Advice 12 years ago regarding this debt as I was not working due to me nursing my Son through cancer. CAB wrote to all my debt companies and advised them to respond to their letters within a certain time frame. J D Williams never responded and the next I heard was when Cabot took over the debt. I have not heard from Cabot until this year when they sent me a whole wad of statements but said I didn't need to to anything. They then started hounding me with phone calls/letters/texts and then passed onto Resolvecall who sent a text to say if I didn't contact them they would arrange for an agent to visit my home. I am absolutely at my wits end with worry over this and not sleeping. Its not doing my mental and physical health any good at all being constantly worried at nearly 70 years of age. Any advice on going forward would be really appreciated. Sorry for the long winded message.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X