• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

RESOLVECALL debt letter out of the blue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RESOLVECALL debt letter out of the blue

Hi everyone I hope your well on Saturday morning I received a debt letter with payment demand from a company called RESOLVECALL working on behalf of ARROW GLOBAL LIMITED and shop direct

The payment amount is £210 with threats of attendance to my home in 7 days unless paid

My issue is I'm now completely debt free and have been for over 9 years now and to have this arrive is a bit of a shock

I sent a email to RESOLVECALL on Saturday after getting advice from national debtline who gave me a prove it template and told me to email it to them

RESOLVECALL have now responded with the below response and I'm not sure how to now proceed

Thank you

Thank you for your correspondence.

Unfortunately, it has come to our attention that there are certain websites purporting to provide information which will allow their users to avoid repayment or discussion of debts. It is our belief these sites are disseminating misinformation which is both unhelpful and harmful to the consumer. The letter you have sent is one of these templates. It appears to be a letter of dispute but simply lists the regulations around disputed debt and it does not explain to us why you are specifically disputing this debt.

We are contacting you for a legitimate reason, for which we have permission to contact you on behalf of our client.

We would ask that you contact us on 0141 212 8500 Monday to Thursday 8am-8pm, Friday 8am-6.30pm and Saturday 9am-2pm to discuss this further. Alternatively, if you wish to deal with this matter via email we require you to confirm the following:-
    • Can you confirm that you are happy to receive account related or confidential information by email? You may not be the only person who can access it.
    • Full name
    • Date of birth
    • Full address including postal code
    • Email address you want us to correspond with

Alternatively, you can view and manage your account on our website at www.resolvecall.co.uk using your Resolvecall reference, date of birth, post code or client reference to gain access

We hope to reach an amicable solution and if you require further information in regard to your debt there may be certain pieces of information we can request from our client to help resolve any issues or dispute you may have.

Kind regards
    Tags: None

Oh! yea well nice try they have no powers just some local guy paid to deliver a please call us card no need to speak if ever somebody turned up (for £200+ quid??? ) file away.

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
      Oh! yea well nice try they have no powers just some local guy paid to deliver a please call us card no need to speak if ever somebody turned up (for £200+ quid??? ) file away.
      Thank you

Comment

Subject Access Request Letter send this by royal mail (get free proof posting)., keep copy of all on a file by date order). there is no charge for the DSAR it is a legal request and they have 30 days to respond with ll information held., that way you can see what it is all about!

send to Arrow global) shop direct it is mentioned on your thread? make sure you giove their reference number., no talking all in writing for now!

Comment

Quick Update

I have now received a letter from Arrow Global regarding the complaint email i sent them about the above issue.

They have investigated my complaint and found that the account in question was actually from 2003 so 20 years old with zero payments since and they found another on the system which i had no idea about to CapitalOne from 2004 so 19 years old again with zero payments made since

They state they uphold my complaint and have said sorry etc and have offered £100 compensation with the closure of both accounts.

With them offering me the £100 it makes me think they might have done something wrong to offer up that amount without me even asking for any compensation or am i just reading to much into it? I would love to hear your thoughts

Comment

standard procedure for complaints even banks tend to use that figure, do not over think?

Comment

Thanks MIKE770 for confirming

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X