• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell claim for alleged BT debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell claim for alleged BT debt

Hello All,

I received the first of four letters from Lowell just over a month ago alleging a debt they had taken over from BT - they enclosed an explaining letter from BT with the first letter. The date the alleged debt was transferred to Lowell was over 4 years ago. I have no knowledge of this debt at all, I had a broadband contract with BT that ran from September 2018 to March 2020, but this was terminated by me at the end of the contract, it was £29.99/month collected by direct debit (shown on my bank statements). The date Lowell say they took over this supposed debt pre dates the broadband contract anyway. I have gone back through my bank statements for the previous 6 years and can find nothing connected to BT. I have never had any letters from BT mentioning any debt and to the very best of my knowledge have never had any debt with BT (or anyone else), I pay all my bills ontime and diary any contract cancellations. I have requested an SAR from BT just over a week ago, had an acknowledgment, but no information as yet. Lowell seem to be ramping up the pressure as I have now had 4 letters in as many weeks, threatening more bad things. I have not contacted Lowell as yet.
    I am a seventy year old pensioner, I do not have a printer, so any replies would have to be hand written (or letters anywhere else). I’ve (hopefully) uploaded the first and last Lowell letters, along with the one from BT that was included with the first letter. Any/all suggestions gratefully received, I am getting very stressed about all this..
    Apparently I dont have permission/authorisation to upload any attachments, so apologies
    Last edited by Mocha; 30th December 2022, 23:06:PM. Reason: I was unable to load the attachments with the original post, kept getting a message saying I had no authorisation, managed to download as a second post …
    Tags: None

Click image for larger version

Name:	0A52946A-FEC5-469E-9CE0-515393273004.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	1634248Click image for larger version

Name:	B6998EBF-7231-4F7A-AED8-0F2C6EF277C1.jpeg
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	1634249Click image for larger version

Name:	9D775688-AFBD-44DF-AD03-D76BB6AC968B.jpeg
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	1634250

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X