• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Capquest - CCJ 5 years 9 months old

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capquest - CCJ 5 years 9 months old

Hi,
    I’ve had contact from Capquest today regarding an old debt owed to Shop Direct. There is a CCJ registered for this debt and is due to come off my credit report on the 30th Jan next year.

I am worried that if I don’t respond something further will happen to impact my credit score (I’ve been working really hard to bring it up and I was hoping by February it’d be looking quite good once the CCJ comes off).

Do I communicate with them on this? Am I best to set up a repayment plan? If I do will this then lead to it being added separately to my credit report?

Sorry, I’m really unsure how all of this works and I just don’t know what to do for the best without having a detrimental effect on it credit score.

Many thanks in advance for any advice x
    Tags: None

off credit score? then not impacting anything.

Comment

give us real information as to the alledged debt albeit CCJ (usually because you allowed it - Defended?

never talk the people there they are telecon jockeys all in writing only if advised on here.

Comment

Thanks for replying.
        It is still showing on my credit report, according to Check my File it should come off on the 30th January 2023.
        I can’t remember a great deal about the ccj process, in honesty was living in a bit of a fog back than and buried my head in the sand.
        I think the debt was accepted and the ccj paperwork returned if that makes sense. They haven’t pursued it at all until now, I’m assuming as it’s coming up to the six year point.
        Obviously I do owe the debt and am happy to make repayments against it but I’ve worked so hard lately to build up my credit score that I’m worried by setting up a payment plan it will re-register some sort of default against me.
        Please excuse my lack of understanding in this, I’m not sure how any of this works at all.
        Thanks again.

Comment

it will fall of credit file but still is in for the CCJ. and can be chased.

echat11

Comment

a) CCJ will drop off your Credit report, but they don't disappear as such, they still exist (although not on your Credit report) the Creditor has to go to Court to enforce them, the longer it takes them to do that, the more reluctant the Court will be to allow them to do it. The Creditor has to come up with a good reason for the delay.

b) Do I communicate with them on this?

The fact that even when it drops of your Credit report, it still exists, it might be an idea to engage and resolve it, takes away the anxiety of it 'cropping up' again.

c) Am I best to set up a repayment plan?

Is there a reason why you didn't defend the original CCJ? i.e. you moved so didn't get the Court papers, if so, you can Set a Side the CCJ.

You can set up a payment plan, but make sure you negotiate it, don't just agree to stuff. Try to agree a lower figure, something that is affordable to you. Tell them to remove the charges and some interest.

Do everything in writing, keep copies, don't speak to them over the phone.

d) If I do will this then lead to it being added separately to my credit report?

It shouldn't, but if you negotiate a settlement, tell them it's part of the terms for settling the matter.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X