• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

eCollect AG, big scam?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eCollect AG, big scam?

Hi, I write you from Italy.
    on May, I did an order on a website about a product of a really small value, 1.98 euros. The payment was made into 3 fees, each one of them was of 0.66 cents. On the second payment, I had a problem with my prepaid. The site contacted me to say that because of lateness I had to pay 0.66 cents + another charge of 0.66 cents. But ok, after a month I solved the problem with my prepaid card and they automatically took 1.32€. I also received a confirmation mail about my payment. Everything was ok, my order is “fully paid” on the e commerce site.

the 14 August I received both sms and whatsapp message from eCollect AG, they say I have to pay 160 euros and that I’ve never answered their messages. But I didn’t receive nothing from them. So I checked my spam folder and I found three communications about this absurd debt. From 1.32€ to 160€, they overcharged my of 8000%.
    Today, I received a written letter from them, they wrote the same thing of emails.

Last week I also wrote them with prove of my payments, but obviously they didn’t answer me. On the web I met two people who had communications from eCollect several months ago, they simply ignored, nothing happened.

In your opinion, what should I do?
    I find absurd to pay 80 times the price of the product I’ve bought, a product that I’ve paid.

I’m a student, 160€ for me are like 1200€ for a person who earns 1500€ per month.
    Tags: None

You are the third post this month concerning eCollect AG

IF in the UK I would ignore them, but as you are in the EU.....

The different recommendations on how to deal with them can be found in these threads:
    https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...collect-agency
    https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...ut-of-the-blue

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post

You are the third post this month concerning eCollect AG

IF in the UK I would ignore them, but as you are in the EU.....

The different recommendations on how to deal with them can be found in these threads:
      https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...collect-agency
      https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...ut-of-the-blue
      Thanks for answering!
      I’ve found this website thanks to the topics you’ve sent me.
      I’m scared now, during last days I was calm just because they sent emails, but now with the written letter… . I’ve never experienced something similar into my life, this is why I can appear as an alien when talking about this thing.
      on the next week I’ll contact the italian ADICONSUM.

I don’t want to pay for something I’ve paid, I don’t want to pay a 8000% overcharge.

Comment

Personally I would ignore them unless I received proper court papers
        This type of company work by veiled threats and constant pressure.
        Communicating with them (even to demonstrate they are wrong) only seems to encourage them, and they redouble their efforts

But it is your choice

Comment

Hi! something similar is just happening to me. What has happened to you since your post?? any recommendation/ update on what to do? will greatly appreciate!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X