• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Issue with Sixt car rental - eCOLLECT agency

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi,
    which is the status of that matter ? Did you ignored the letters and it went quiet or did you pay? Share what the position should be .. for me it is also extortion of money .. after more than a year, rent fees suddenly appeared? the mandate from the speed camera reaches 3 months whenever you are. What is strange, here all applications concern the visit and rental of a car in Italy (sixth).

Comment

Hi, I am having the same encounter with Sixt and eCollect. My car rental in Germany was in April 2022 and eCollect is now demanding admin fee for fines not even paid by Sixt, compunded 6 times. eCollect is also constantly threathening legal proceedings against me. May I know if eCollect did send any court papers to you?

I am not residing in Europe, will eCollect be able to enforce court proceedings on me?

Comment

Originally posted by Summer88 View Post
        Hi, I am having the same encounter with Sixt and eCollect. My car rental in Germany was in April 2022 and eCollect is now demanding admin fee for fines not even paid by Sixt, compunded 6 times. eCollect is also constantly threathening legal proceedings against me. May I know if eCollect did send any court papers to you?

I am not residing in Europe, will eCollect be able to enforce court proceedings on me?
        where are you living if not in europe?

Comment

Hi,

I'm in a similar boat (live in the UK).

I hired a car from Sixt in Italy in Oct 2021. I received an admin fee for a toll booth fine which I disputed for a while then paid. Then they claimed I had an invoice outstanding which turned out to be a second admin fee for a speeding fine committed on the same day.

The first toll booth fine invoice was issued 21 Nov 2021. The speeding fine invoice was issued 17 Jan 2022.

I asked for proof of the fine, but they said several times 'the relevant authorities will contact you directly to pay the fine'.

I kept pushing back for proof, as I did not even know at the time that it was for speeding.

4th Jan 2023 I get an email (which I didn't notice as I was on holiday) which included a letter in Italian detailing the fine. I got part of the letter translated and it explains that if it is not paid within 30 days an additional fee will be added, then if it is not paid within another 60 days further fees etc. So the first invoice with an admin fee Sixt sent to me was outside of the 60 days anyway. And the first time I even see this is a year and 3 months later.

17th Jan 2023, the admin invoice for the speeding fine is passed to eCollect.

So I'm assuming Sixt never paid the toll booth fine (still yet to see evidence of this) or the speeding fine (no actual evidence this was me driving etc, just a letter stating the facts from the italian gov).

EDIT:
          Just found out that the authorities need to notify you within 360 days of the date of the infraction, but not clear if that means it is written off or not.

If that is the case, should I just pay eCollect and be done with it?

Comment

Originally posted by Summer88 View Post

I'm residing in ASIA

Comment

did you give asian address to them?

Basically a case has to be obtained in a euro country and like UK CCJ can be obtained BUT maybe pursued if you returned to the Uk

sure others may have further comment> use the internet and google so much info you will find on there asian country which?

When you leave your home to go to another country, your debt does not come after you.

Although you are still indebted and the owed amount does not automatically cancel, you don’t really carry it either.

Quote idea:- ​​​​​ Unless there is an enforceable tax treaty in place between Australia and the UK, neither country can enforce its taxes or tax debts in the other or expect the other country to assist it in doing so.

Another thought would it be worthwhile them proceeding anywhere when amounts are negligible (not worth the cost to them).??NO
              Last edited by MIKE770; 6th February 2023, 10:06:AM.

Comment

Hi! something similar is just happening to me. What has happened to you since your post?? any recommendation/ update on what to do? will greatly appreciate!

Comment

Originally posted by fcl9911 View Post
                  Hi! something similar is just happening to me. What has happened to you since your post?? any recommendation/ update on what to do? will greatly appreciate!
                  There are quite a few threads, on ECollect, might be an idea to do a search.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X