• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mortimer Clarke - compensation letter?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortimer Clarke - compensation letter?

Hello everyone.

i have been in correspondence with Mortimer Clarke solicitors in regards to an alleged debt I had with credit card company whilst I was in Uni.

i have sent them two letters (one of them is the prove it letter) and asked for investigation and to stop harassing me for the past few months.

they have responded recently, with a letter that reads the following:

(We write following our final response letter sent to you about our investigation into your complaint.

We note that you have not responded to confirm your acceptance of compensation offer. We would very much like to make this payment to you, and would be grateful if you could provide your bank details, so that we can make this payment. You can send these by email to…….)

They gave me 14 days to respond.

However previous to this letter they had only sent me one letter stating they will investigate their claim as I have them to.

From this letter can we say this is just old school trick from them and they actually didn’t want to compensate me an offer, but wanted my bank details to use against me?

has anyone received a similar letter?

any help or advice will be very much appreciated.
    Tags: None

if no letter offering apolgy and compensation then tell them no such letter received to date

Comment

Hello Mike,

what’s the better way to reach out to them? Is it by phone or a letter?

the strange thing is, their last letters insinuates that they offered me compensation, but in reality the letter before that only mentioned they will investigate the claim.

are they only bluffing and trying to trick me into their own ways?

Comment

all in writing and get free proof posting and keep copy on file

Comment

Brilliant Mike

is there a template what to write to them? or how to approach them or what to mention in the letters etc

cheers

Comment

just reference their letter by date and use reference number, straight forward letter stating mentioned above, gett free proof posting from post office and attached to your copy.

all in writing save as to doubts using phone.

Comment

Great, so attach a copy of the receipt of posting with the letter sent to them

thank you again, i will surely update once they respond

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X