• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help with NRAM debt and Charging Order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with NRAM debt and Charging Order

Please can anybody help with the following:

Sequence of events:
    • Took out a ‘Together Mortgage’ (c£160 mortgage + c£30k loan) with Northern Rock on 8th December 2006
    • I was declared bankrupt on 9th April 2008
    • Insolvency Service after a negative equity valuation on my house allowed me to buy it back for a nominal fee.
    • The ‘loan’ part of the mortgage (c£30k) was included in the bankruptcy
    • Received a letter from ‘Eversheds’ chasing the debt (c£30k)in 2009 but then nothing
    • Letter from Mortimer Clarke in 2014 stating that they were now the solicitors (acting on behalf of ‘Marlin Capital Europe Ltd’) tasked with recovering the c£30k debt
    • I recall just one phone call with them around 2015 and stated to them that it was my understanding that the debt had been included and written off in the bankruptsy. Somewhere I mentioned that I ran my own company (self-employed) to which they replied that they were unable to chase the debt owing to this.
    • Since then I received a couple of letters and a few phone calls but I don’t engage with them, but now want to get this sorted once and for all.
    • No CCJ’s now showing against me or my property (checked on Trust Online) and NO adverse credit on ANY kind on my credit files
    • 6 Charges’ (of which 3 are ‘interim’) registered against the property showing on Title Register.

Questions:
    • How do I establish if any of 'Charges' relate to this particular debt?
    • If there was a CCJ more than 6 years ago, then I won’t find it on Registry Trust or my credit records, so has the debt has become 'statute-barred', as six years or more has passed?

I’m just not sure where to start the process of getting to the bottom of whether this debt (c£30) went into my bankruptcy, even if it did, was there a Charge over my property prior to this entitling them to still be able to recover the debt.

Your thoughts and advice would be hugely welcome!
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X