• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hoist accounts removed from clearscore after 6 years, is that it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoist accounts removed from clearscore after 6 years, is that it?

Good afternoon all,

I’ve read and read but can’t find a clear answer so I’m asking for a little help if possible. I had 2x Hoist (ex barclaycard) both debts around £10k mark. I won’t bore you with all the usual stuff but I’ve been through it all addiction etc etc I’m proud to say I’ve turned my life around and totally clean living. Anywhoo these were defaulted in May 2016 and sure enough 6 years and two days later they were removed from my clear score account. HOWEVER I’m still receiving emails offering me 90% less settlement amounts etc. so I don’t know if that’s the end of the line or it’s going to get worse with more CCJ action etc etc thank you!
    Tags: None

Not positive but limitations are 6 Years then debt dies. But I stand to be corrected.

Comment

Well done on the addiction stuff.

a) You need to check if they obtained CCJ's on those accounts, if they did the debts have not disappeared, although because of the time that has passed, they would have to return to Court to reactivate the CCJ's , but would need a good reason why they haven't done it previously.

b) The debt drops of your credit file and is statute barred if no payments or written communication has been made admitting the debt.

If there are no CCJ's and the debts are statute barred, you can send them a template stating that. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...ed-debt-letter

Comment

echat11 thanks so much for the reply

a) I have no CCJ’s on my file for anywhere near these amounts. I do have a fair few for circa £500 but they don’t come anywhere near the £10k £20k mark these two accounts add up to. They only have a year or two left to run for 6 years too.

b) unfortunately I did send a statute barred template letter one month before (I knew it was close but didn’t have exact dates) but they didn’t reply until around 10 days before it became statute barred. The letter was unsigned and mentioned the limitation act and FCA consumer care sections etc and that I do not admit any liability for the claim.

I suppose they would still send a last few letters/tries to get me to pay. There have been offers of 50% off in the past but never 90% which leads me to think it’s a last try before statute barred.

thank you so much for taking your time to talk to me.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X