• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Kinex utilities

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kinex utilities

Hi there I have a big problem with this company they flung me into deep debt whit making a mess of my account and I went to the energy ombudsman trying to get a resolve to pay the debt and get out of a bad contract it is my electricity bill I use to pay £108 per month for electricity then in a rush to find a new supplier as my contract was nearly out I spoke to kinex that said they will be able to save me 15% in my bills unfortunately it ended up with the opesite

Emediatly when I got my first bill it was for 3x what I use to pay and
    Then when I asked they said they will fix it next month
    Next month came and again I had a 3x bill when I asked why they said it was a estemated read to give them the meter reading
    I did it then they confirmed it was over payed and I will get a credit
    On my next bill so I got my next bill still no better they just put on more charges and I was still having to pay a big amount

It kept going like that for 12 months and then on my 2year in April I think it got mad I got a electricity bill for £696.63 for one month when I only have 8 plug sockets in the garage and got a glass roof
    So don't need to be running lights all day anyway desided it's just enough I canceled my direct debit told them to resolve the issue

But no I get threats to get my power cut off and then still
    No resolve they don't want to even give me a payment plan
    I just have to pay so the ombudsman got involved and found out that they overcharged me more than £1000 they admitted to fault and offered me a £50 credit or a apologies so I asked for the contract to be chanced and a payment plan to be put in place

And suddenly I was told no it can't be done until I pay 90%
    Of the bill
    So then I asked how much charges I have in that account
    And was told £2500 so I said I will try and get funds how much money will I have to pay if they take foo all charges and my overcharged fee and I was told £2000 but I was then told I had this 5 that day to pay it otherwise they will not cancel the charges
    And I will have to pay the full amount in one which is now £6000
    And still going up
    So I need some help to get out of this mess I tryed all avenues I can think of please help
    Tags: None

Hi SAMSUNG1982

It's difficult, but stay calm.

a) Send a SAR to Kinex and your previous suppliers, the last 3.

They have 30 days to provide all the data on the account. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

b) Send Kinex a letter telling them that you are disputing the amounts they are claiming.

https://kinex.co.uk/complaints-procedures

Don't speak to them over the phone, everything in writing. Enter the costs and meter reading into a spreadsheet.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X