• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ from 2008 being pursued by Capquest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ from 2008 being pursued by Capquest

I had a credit card with HSBC in 1998, due to personal problems it fell into arrears in 2006 and a CCJ was put on in 2008 which was never pursued further by HSBC.and to be honest, the debt was incurred so long ago I'd totally forgotten about it.

About 10 months ago I was contacted by a company called Capquest chasing up a debt. After a lot of emails to and fro, it turned out the debt was the HSBC credit card from 1998!

I contacted HSBC and after many weeks, they wrote back and said they had no record of this debt in my name, and that they had never sold the debt to Capquest.

I wrote back to Capquest and informed them what HSBC had said and that I wouldn't be paying them anything.

They have now written back and said they bought the debt from Arrow and they are demanding over £800.00 from me.

What can I do please? The CCJ is no longer on my file and HSBC who the debt was originally taken out with say they have no record of the debts, but Capquest will not leave me alone and are getting really quite nasty.
    Please can anyone advise me as to what to do now?Thank you.
    Tags: None

well well times must be bad for them (Capquest)., the rules are:- If no attempt to enforce a CCJ within 6 years the they would need a VERY GOOD reason as to why they have not, and capquest on the face of it have not??????? they are trying it on, and it would suggest have bought a Red Herring from Arrow?. sure others will advise you on here, do not speak to them .

Celestine

​​​​​​ Statute barred debt - common questions very good article from Debt camel on CCJs

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
      well well times must be bad for them (Capquest)., the rules are:- If no attempt to enforce a CCJ within 6 years the they would need a VERY GOOD reason as to why they have not, and capquest on the face of it have not??????? they are trying it on, and it would suggest have bought a Red Herring from Arrow?. sure others will advise you on here, do not speak to them .

Celestine

​​​​​​ Statute barred debt - common questions very good article from Debt camel on CCJs
      Thank you very much MIKE770 that`s what I thought. I`m not sure Capquest would even be able to resurrect the CCJ though as they didn`t put it on, HSBC put it on and they have clearly said they have no records of anything to do with it on their files .

I will not speak to them...they are still emailing every day though requesting that I make an offer of settlement, it is so annoying.

Thank you again for your help.

Comment

Sit tight their move if any

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X