• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Defaults and CCJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell Defaults and CCJ

Hi everyone, so I'm just looking for some advice re Lowell.

Background is, I've been checking my credit file recently, and Lowell have 3 defaults on there, and 2 CCJ's (although 1 CCJ relates to one of the Defaults I think).
    There are no reference numbers, so I have no idea what they are even for.

I'm trying to get my credit file into a better position, so have contacted Lowell today, asking if they will accept a settlement on these debts - I'm waiting for a response - however am beginning to wonder if I should have done this .

Do Lowell have to accept an offer?
    What about the CCJ, are they likely to accept an offer on that? I'm reluctant to pay the fees, is there any way of having these removed if I settle?

I'm not sure what I'm asking, but I'm beginning to wish I'd found this group before I contacted them. I'm not 100% what they are, and now think I could have asked them to prove it? Probably too late now, now I've offered them money!

Tags: None

If you settle the entry will not be removed, just marked as settled

Comment

How old are the debts? Information is the key, then move forwards from there. Wait to see what information Lowell's sends you, then ask for more information, CCA's etc.

You can check CCJ's info / scroll down, but do read all of it -

https://www.gov.uk/county-court-judg...-credit-rating

Comment

Thank you - yes I know it won't be removed (for 6 years), but do you know if Lowell will mark as satisfied or partially satisfied please?

Comment

ECHAT11 - thank you, I shall read that link shortly.
          I havent had anything from Lowell in a long time, other than a letter re the CCJ, which after 2 years,they are chasing again.

I will get dates of the defaults and update the post. I believe, off the top of my head, they go back to 2016, but may be wrong.

Comment

Just thought - should I have contacted Lowell? One of these debts becomes statute barred in a few months, I don't want to restart the clock 'so to speak'...

I don't think I can CCA the CCJ's can I?

Comment

having made contact starts statute barred again (as admittance to alledged debt). CCA after CCJ pointless (wrong as may seem I agree it is abuse of process in law to not allow CCA request production after CCJ issued in a lot of cases requested at court and not actioned by some district judge)

Comment

How did you contact Lowell's?

Comment

Ah, I sent them an email, after seeing them pop up on my file, so contacted them. I said something like, 'im not entirely sure these are mine, but I'm trying to clear up my report, so will offer 35% etc etc...'.
                  if it's restarted the clock, that's a bit of a pain!
                  I can only afford to pay them a max of 40% off all, including the CCJ's, but I don't know if they will accept this .
                  I've had nothing back as yet about the defaults, but the CCJ they said their 'client', would like an arrangement to pay set up, as opposed to enforcement action...

Seems ive opened up a can of worms for myself now?

Comment

Were there any mitigating circumstances around the time (2016), health, unemployment etc why you didn't deal with the debts at the time?

Comment

Not me personally, but my partner, who was the one working, had a head injury, resulting in a minor brain injury. So our finances completely changed for a few years, it was very hard and a very stressful time.
                      But I doubt Lowell will care about that as it wasn't me directly?

Comment

Originally posted by Nomoredebt View Post
                        Not me personally, but my partner, who was the one working, had a head injury, resulting in a minor brain injury. So our finances completely changed for a few years, it was very hard and a very stressful time.
                        But I doubt Lowell will care about that as it wasn't me directly?
                        I think you're wrong on that, I think that is a 'mitigating circumstance' and Lowell's will give that due consideration. If you can provide evidence of that, that would help.

Comment

So do you know what I would need to do? That's getting information from my partner's medical records, I'll check if he minds doing that.
                          So, I can't dispute the CCJ's now, but how about the defaults? What process do I need to follow for those please?
                          I will upload some dates/timescales of my debts shortly. I just need to get the info from my credit file.

Comment

I think you need to write to Lowell's, explain that your partner had a 'brain injury', attach proof, a Doctors letter with dates.
                            Explain that it was a very worrying time for you, you were scared (expand on that, hospital visits etc) and looking after your partner was the priority over everything else. Ask if they would consider removing the CCJ's and Default's if you paid 35% in full and final settlement under the circumstances. Email it to them.

Comment

Thanks, I'll do that this evening, but obviously can't get the doctors proof right now.
                              will me writing that to them, start the whole 6 year clock again though? Because I'll be acknowledging the debt wont I

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X