• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bristow&Sutor addd £270 fees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bristow&Sutor addd £270 fees

Bristow&Sutor addd £270 fees for not replying to email in my junk folder but I never missed a payment. In lockdown my benefits were stopped (PIP, ESA) so I couldn't pay a parking ticket that had appeal refused. I agreed temporary arrangement (until my benefit appeal came through or my situation changed, I thought ) to pay £5 fortnight towards it which I have paid without missing a payment . Bristow and Sutor sent me one email which I did not see and just found in my junk folder which is dated 31/03.21 and says that the arrangement is temporary for 5 payments and that after that I must contact their office to review the arrangement. I came home on 5/7/21 (Monday) to find plain brown envelope handwritten with my name on it in my front garden (half eaten by my dog) not in the large postbox on my front gate which is where post goes. Being handwritten and plain I thought was from my neighbour regarding work on our back fence and did not open until morning of 8/7/21 (yesterday) to find it is from a bailiff telling me he has attended my address with the intention of taking goods to the value owed which is now £468 including enforcement fees of £235.00 and that my goods are bound and I cannot remove, sell or otherwise dispose of them. and asking nme to call him before 8?7?21. I called him yesterday morning early (8/7?21) and he told me there was nothing he could do having returned the case to the office. B&S have sent me another email yesterday morning (at 07.16am no less) informing me my flexible payment option was about to be lost and to call them which I did, once at 9am and again at 1.30pm, as I could not believe the rudeness of the customer services representatives or the information she gave me so called back in the hope of getting a better response but sadly got the same result which is ..... I can make an arrangement to continue payments but only if I accept the £235.00 enforcement fees, if I don't want to do that or pay in full they will continue to add additional costs and continue proceedings. Can anyone suggest what I can do please ....
    Tags: None

ostell

Comment

So has this been to court and you lost?

Comment

A debt collection company cannot just add fees unless allowed by law. We are not getting the full picture here?

Comment

yes it went to court ages ago after TFL wouldn't accept payment plan and I didnt have the money to pay in full .TFL told me i would have to wait until it went to court (and obviously go up in cost ) and make arrangement to pay bailiffs which I though I had done but now I just received this Notice of Enforcement Agent Visit in a plain brown envelope left in my front garden he didn't even bother to ring the bell or put it through my letter box I thought it was from a neighbour being hand written and didn't open it until 2 days later by which time I was 8 hours late in responding. It seems now they sent one email (which went to my junk mail) with an attached letter stating I needed to call them after 5 weeks to discuss the arrangement and that I had to make the agreed payments on time . I didnt see the email or any others I found one more in my junk folder that said my flexible payment option was about to be curtailed unless I called them which I did but only after opening he Notice of Enforcement Agent Visit . They wont stop proceedings and adding more costs unless I agree to pay full amount includong enforcement fees

Comment

yes sorry ... so my money got stopped mid lockdown (I am disabled ... PIP got stopped , ESA reduced drastically, appealed successfully in june 2021, still waiting for back payment) and I couldn't pay the ticket. TFL refused to accept payment plan and advised me to wait until it had gone to court to make arrangement with bailiffs which I did by phone... bailiffs sent me an email on 01/04/21 that I now find in my junk folder stating the arrangement is temporary and I have to contact them after 5 weeks to continue arrangement. There was one previous email which I did receive and respond to asking for proof of benefits which I provided. They sent one more email saying my flexible payment option might expire on 8/07/21 the day after I received the hand addressed notice (in a plain brown envelope thrown into my front garden instead of my postbox ) which i opened 2 days later on 9/7/21, thinking it from my neighbour as hand delivered, just my name on it ,not marked urgent and no reference to importance or company stamp etc . I have kept paying my arrangement up to date. As soon as I saw the email on 8/07/21 I got in touch by phone and the customer services reps were rude, unhelpful and refused to give their name or pass me on to a superior, in fact all they said was that I was welcome to continue paying but they would not agree any arrangement unless I accepted I would pay the enforcement fees and if I didn't do that they will continue proceedings and add further charges. My point is that I respond to their emails when I get them and I have continued paying as agreed, never missed a payment. They should have sent a letter in the post or called on the phone before sending man with a brown envelope who I am sure lives locally and charging me an extra £230. I have made a complaint now to their offices in writing. What else can I do please it seems wrong.

Comment

https://www.gov.uk/your-rights-baili...bout-a-bailiff

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X