• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

AJJB Law Chasing Debt from Homeshift Energy Last Year

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AJJB Law Chasing Debt from Homeshift Energy Last Year

Hi there, I recently received an email from AJJB Law about a debt collection of £1.3k from our previous energy provider Homeshift last year. What exactly happened is that Homeshift decided to hike up our meter reading because meter readings were not submitted between November and January. I then decided to dispute this with them because I thought it was very unusual for our bill to be so high for only 3 people living there. This was then escalated to their Account Management Team that acknowledged the fact that we could have a high billing for a number of different factors such as: The property not being energy sufficient, high usage of heating if there is no timer, and having storage heaters.

At the time we lived in quite a big flat for 3 people that had very high ceilings so this did make sense. We decided to come to a compromise or some sort of negotiation to see what we can do to settle the debt because both party's have been left in an unfair situation. Understandably, Homeshift want the remaining money that is owed for those months and we also feel as though the estimation of the bill is an over exaggeration so there was a bit of a stalemate here.

Homeshift then said they would schedule for an engineer to come round last July after lockdown was lifted to inspect our meter reading to see if there was anything wrong with it and in the end no one came round. After this our tenancy ended and they told us our supplier will be switching to Octopus Energy but we moved to another flat. In the process of Homeshift trying to switch our supplier to Octopus Energy I got into contact with Octopus Energy about the debt owed who in return to me to get into contact with Homeshift about this because they wouldn't have any information about this.

I got into contact with Homeshift who explained there is nothing they can do about this so spoke to Octopus Energy that explained 'it's untrue that there is nothing that they can do to help, as they are the ones responsible for billing that period.' The kind lady said she would get into contact with them on my behalf but a year has passed now and nobody got into contact with them. I have now received a letter from AJJB Law acting on behalf of Homeshift about the energy and I just wanted some advice on what I could do about the situation.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X