• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

F&F settlement example letters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F&F settlement example letters

Hi,

Could anyone point me to a F&F settlement letter?

My situation, I sent CCA Request letters to my creditors and so far they have not been able to provide the required documentation. Defaults are now 3 years old and have been pass to debt recovery agencies and sold on a few times so I have been advised not to pay or offer any settlements as they will be unable to pursue the debt. However I now work in the Financial Sector and recently I had to job applications rejected on the grounds of the credit score and the fact that defaults were showing on it. I have raised an small amount of money and decided to use it to offer it so that at least defaults show as 'partially settled' and hope that my credit score will improve.

I've been told that these kind of letters need to be crafted very carefully, I found a couple of template letters online but was wondering if for instance given my circumstances (creditors unable to enforce the debt), I should remove wording such as 'the money which I owe in full' as it could be construed as accepting a debt they have not been able to properly document.
    I would appreciate if someone could share any F&F example letters or resources around how to write them.

Thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

One more question, if anybody can help me.
    I can see on my report that it shows a ´default´ in the original account and ALSO a default in the debt recovery account. For instance Default on a Barclaycard and Default on Intrum for the same account... so essentially it shows 2 defaults marks for every defaulted account, is this correct? should I ask the credit agency to correct it?
    Last edited by RUKI; 26th March 2021, 09:02:AM.

Comment

CRAs do not correct it the company issued it have to if it is incorrect! you sure it is not 2 different accounts> if not complain to CRA who will contact owners and ask them to rectify if incorrect entries

Comment

Don’t mean to be rude but that sounds correct from my view.

You’ll have one account showing as closed/settled defaulted with the OC

and another account with a DCA that reports defaulted.

Is that what you mean? That’s right from what I know, prospective lenders will know it’s one default only. Not all OC’s remove them from your file until the 6 years are up.

Comment

Is that right though? Is it ok that two entries show for the same debt? Can anyone confirm?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X