• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

TalkTalk/BW Legal/JC International Acquisitions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TalkTalk/BW Legal/JC International Acquisitions

My partner has just received a letter today from JC International Acquisitions regarding a debt with TalkTalk stating it's been passed to BW Legal. In the letter it states the debt was assigned to JC in March 2015. My partner believes that he was with TalkTalk at some point, but can't remember when. He has had no other letters from this company or any others regarding this alleged debt. He has checked he credit report on all available sites and found no mention of this debt anywhere.*
    He also has an active DRO from early last year, which was fully researched to ensure all debts were included.*

Does anyone have any advice please?
    Tags: None

So a SAR* to TT to see what they hold about you

Comment

subject access request

Comment

So my partner has sent a SAR to TalkTalk, but in the meantime has managed to find out the date he left them to join BT, which was 7 years ago, so it seems that this debt, if it exists, should be statute barred.... We would like to get this dealt with ASAP, as my partner is autistic and this is causing him massive amounts of stress and anxiety. Should we await the SAR response or contact them now re barred status?*

Comment

So my partner has now received replies from both the DCA and TalkTalk. It seems his last payment was in November 2013, the account was closed in August 2014 and the default was placed January 2015. The last contact between my partner and TalkTalj was in 2013, they have not provided any evidence of any communication or correspondence since then. We are not sure when the limitation period would have started on this or what we should do from here. Please could we get some advice?

Comment

Hi telecoms d It broadband etc do not fall under consumer credit act and hence stayed barred re CCA is not applicable. Why did he leave failure of contract inability to provide at that time estimated BB speed and you would need fault reports as opposed to WiFi issues or billing issues.Sorry as not CCA and a grey area maybe raise with OfCom best of luck x

Comment

Thanks for your reply. He left due to what he felt was poor customer service. Due to his autism, he doesn't really understand the concept of contract periods, so decided to just stop paying them when he placed an order with another provider. Not sure OfCom can help in this scenario, but it seems odd that a, it took so long for any action to be taken and b, this has never appeared on his credit file. He was granted a DRO a couple of years ago and went through everything on his credit record with CAB for that reason, and also keeps every piece of official paperwork he receives, but has nothing at all regarding this debt. Looking through the info from TalkTalk, I can see where the debt has come from, just looking for a solution for him as he is suffering major anxiety about it.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X