• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Idem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idem

Hi everyone!

Only posted once before and it's been a massive success so I'm back again for some more help/advice. I had an old debt (it's so old I cant even remember who it was originally with, sorry!). However, Idem have had the debt for at least 3 years but probably more like 5. I have previously asked them for a reduced settlement figure to clear the debt but they wanted the full £3I approx outstanding. I pay £30/month and at this rate itll be nearly 10 years until its cleared so I was surprised they wouldn't engage over this. Should I go down the route of asking for proof of the debt etc?
    Please let me know your thoughts/questions

Thanks in advance
    Tags: None

Hi - sorry this post was missed. Always sensible to send off a CCA request for accounts like these. Could be very useful for negotiating full and final settlements and so long as you maintain your payment schedule, they would be unwise and unlikely to escalate any enforcement.
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Hi, I'll start with the CCA request letter then. I did ask for a settlement figure (probably 5 years ago). The debt is £3k and it's being paid at £30/month so it would take nearly 10 years to pay this off but they didn't want to know. They did send a figure but I was trying to negotiate a lower figure for paying them in full early. I havent spoken to them since then. I'm not even sure what company they are collecting on behalf of!

Comment

IDEM will now legally own the debt, they are a debt purchase company. You should have received an assignment notice? They will have bought the account from your original creditor and now can enforce it themselves. They also inherit the duty to comply with your CCA request, although in reality this will mean asking the original creditor for a copy of the agreement.
        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Hi

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

I have now had a response. What would you advice I do next?

Thanks in advance

Atholl
          Attached Files

Comment

Nothing their move next supply or keep asking of course you Will not speak etcto them ???

Comment

Hi Mike

I haven't spoken to them for many many years. I also pay £30/month to this debt and have done for probably 5 years, never late.

Tough times for everyone so just trying to side step any commitments I can!!!

Do I continue paying as normal and see what docs turn up? Their letter says they currently cant enforce the debt but the end says they will enforce anyway???

Thanks for taking the time to reply

Comment

up to you but many have stated no CCA therefore do not pay them, basically stating cash cowing a person without evidence, most stop unless they ever come up with an enforceable CCA then many items make it non enforceable? A* even if they did and they wanted to start court proceedings then they have to supply all proper information and be honest if they cannot but you are afraid then an agreement near the end could be set up without a CCJ,,BUT these people are finding it hard as they tend to loose most cases if the other party stands up to them and follow rule?* *read threads and you will why pay someone who you owe nothing if they cannot prove it??? comes to mind. all these people hope you cave in just before they discontinue if they have no strong case just before they loose the fees

Comment

Hi

I'll leave the 30/month at the moment as next one isn't due until 15th july. Thatll give them time to see if CCA is anywhere....

Thanks again

Comment

Do not chase the CCA* do not want extra effort to find

Comment

Ok, I'll just keep a low profile. Would you suggest stopping payment will annoy/motivate them to find the docs?!

Comment

Up to you might wait s few months then stop. See n if the find an enforceable Cea or not

Comment

Ok, I'll just sit back and wait.

Thanks for all your quick replies

Comment

I would keep paying for now - see if a CCA turns up. How old is the account?

Comment

Hi, the account was for a credit card, at a guess I'd say the card was taken out 15 years ago approx. I've paid £30/month to Idem for years. I did ask for a settlement figure about 5 years ago but they didnt want to know.

On another note, I also had a loan with Lloyd's (taken out 2006, 583/month was the payment). Times got tough and this debt became unaffordable. I got Lloyd's to reduce the monthly payment to £200/month and then they passed it to several different collection agencies over the years. Most recently with PRA Group. I've never missed or been late with a payment. They sent me a statement recently there was about £6,000 still to pay.

I'm having a big financial sort out at the moment, is it worth sending a CCA request to them or should I just keep paying?

Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X