• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Debt collection letter regarding a debt I can't remember.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debt collection letter regarding a debt I can't remember.

So, I got into a lot of debt years ago, from this I ended up with 2 CCJ's and a lot of other debt.

Everything is now paid off apart from one CCJ, the other has been marked as satisfied after I paid it off earlier this year.

Or so I thought!

I have received a letter from arrow global about an EGG card that hasn't been paid, picture attached. I don't remember having this card, but I was drinking heavily back then and had various issues going on, so it's not impossible that I've just forgotten about it....

They say that they have made multiple contact attempts, but this is definitely the first letter I've had about anything in years.

This all happened years ago and most of the original correspondence from all of the debt collection people has long been thrown out!

My initial urge was to just ignore it but that's what got me into the original mess so that's not going to work!*

What do I do? Click image for larger version

Name:	20191220_135032.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	1503249

Tags: None

Resolve Call are just common or garden debt collectors an can be safely ignored. If they do decide to call you do not have to speak to them other than to tell them to do one. If you receive Court docs then do not ignore but come back and ask for further help.

Have they given you any idea about the dates of this or the sums involved - it could well be Statute Barred.

Comment

No that is the only info I have from them.

My CCJ's are from June and November 2014 so it must be from before then. I think initially I was going to setup an IVA, I remember sending token payments out in the form of checks and a letter stating my intent, but then I never followed through with it.

What criteria would make it statute barred?

Comment

Last payment ( or acknowledgement by sending that letter about token payments IVA possibility ) would need to be over six years ago. Resolvecall are quite toothless and I'd only worry about responding if you receive a formal letter of claim indicating they intend to go to court. Any recollection how much it might be for ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I can't remember many specifics tbh, the other cards I had ranged from £3000 up to about £7000, so I would guess anywhere between!

I'm starting to wonder if I was paying it off at some point and then it somehow got forgot about, maybe when I changed bank accounts or something, it's all a bit of a blur, I'm now worrying about what else could pop up and surprise me.

If its getting close to a 6 year deadline for that period what else is going to turn up? What has suddenly prompted this letter after no contact for years?

Comment

Have you checked your Credit History to see if that throws anything up. I suspect because ResolveCall are involved there is no CCJ.

Comment

I've briefly broached the subject of my CCJ's with my wife, simply by asking if she could recall how long they had to run, I've not told her about this new letter.

She also reminded me I did have 3 CCJ's up until early this year, one expired in March. The only others on my credit file are the 2 that I know about and end next year.

I always been, not happy but willing to pay off my debts but for this to turn up out of the blue when it has literally been long forgotten has really got me down!

Comment

Could this have been the one that has fallen off your file, don't forget if they want to try & enforce it and have done nothing in the last 6 years then they need to go back to Court and ask, but permission is rarely granted. Not being critical but think I would tell your wife about what you have received so you both get to sing from the same hymn book.

Comment

I honestly have no idea at this point.

Surely if they had a CCJ granted and suddenly stopped receiving payments they would chase it up immediately and not wait until years later?

I'm going to have a look and see if there is any paperwork anywhere and see if I can figure anything out but I'm not very hopeful

I will tell the wife, but don't want to worry her unnecessarily, especially over Christmas.*

Comment

So I have looked back through all of the paperwork I still have and I can't find anything relating to an Egg card. The paperwork for the CCJ that is no longer on my credit file is also not there, I assume I mustve thrown it out when the 6 years were up, so I have no way of finding out if that was to do with this or not.

Surely if they had been granted a CCJ they wouldn't have just let me stop paying it before it was paid off, without taking me back to court for non payment off a CCJ? I'm very confused!

Also recieved another letter threatening a house call!

Should I still just ignore this unless I get official court papers?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Resolve (ex Snotcall opps Scotcall) if ever they turned up you do not need to speak to them they give you a card and go away, of course, you be polite to them, they hope!

Comment

So I should just ignore them for now?*

I told my wife and she's nagging me to ring them!

Comment

I live in a very rural area and had a bit of hassle resulting in a similar visit. My response to him when he called was that if he went back via X, Y & Z it was a much more scenic route than the one he had come on via the main road. Sure I had comments such as waste of time and/or space and never saw or herd from them again. It must have wasted a good half day for him to come out.

Comment

Hahaha ok I'll just sit tight and wait, if they turn up and give me any grief I'll tell them where to go. Thanks.

Comment

Generally the best tactic, I sprung into action for my wife (calm down!) after a claim was issued (10th Jan) and I filed defence via MCOL on the 16th..letter of discontinuance received yesterday.* I would just wait out and see what happens, majority of my bad debts are long gone, all I have is a small credit card debt and HP finance on a motorcycle which ends in 17 months (I am counting), after this, I will wipe my credit card clear and be free n clear...cant wait!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X