• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Moorcroft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moorcroft

Hello Peeps

First Post here, and it’s about our Insidious Rodents named Moorcroft J

A quick background on the issue, they bought a debt off Arrow Global that I am disputing,
    I have sent them the following and they continue to say the debt is on hold even after failing to deliver the documents in the time frame saying they are waiting on Arrow global to send them the documents, what I want to know if possible, are they breaking the law or what can I say if this is enforceable, I am using Resolver website to deal with them.

Dear Sir or Madam,
    I have contacted the customer services team at Moorcroft Group with my complaint, but you have failed completely in responding to all my emails and the time allotments stated by law regarding this situation.

Therefore unless you reply with an acknowledgement of your failure to reply within the dates stated below I will escalate my complaint in 3 days.
    In my email from Resolver (12th August 2019) I made a formal request for the following:

1. Supply me with a true signed copy of the alleged Agreement you refer to. This is my right under your obligation to supply a copy of the Agreement under the legislation contained within Section.78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 (s.77 (1)
    for fixed sum credit) - your obligation also extends to providing a fully itemised Statement of Account.

2. Supply me with a signed true copy of the Deed of Assignment of the above referenced Agreement that you allege exists.

3. You are notified that you are obliged to supply these documents, whether you are the original Creditor or not under Section 189 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.
    The Consumer Credit Act allows 12 working days for this request to be carried out before your company enter into a default situation. If the request is not satisfied after a further 30 calendar days, your company commit an offence. These time limits expired on (27th August 2019) and (26th September 2019) respectively.

As you are no doubt aware, Section 78(6) states:
    If the creditor under an agreement fails to comply with subsection (1) -
    (a) He is not entitled, while the default continues, to enforce the agreement; and
    (b) If the default continues for one month he commits an offence.

Therefore on (not sure what date to put here) this account became unenforceable at law and no further payment will be made by myself to the account, as you have failed to comply with a request for a true signed copy of the said agreement, and other relevant documents mentioned in it, and failed to send a full statement of the account and failed to provide a true copy of the Deed of Assignment, under the relevant sections of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Further, I do not acknowledge any debt to (enter DCA name).

Is there a template letter I can use to follow up their last reply?

Many Thanks
    Pel
    Tags: None

Where is that template from, it seems a little out of date ?

The Consumer Credit Act allows 12 working days for this request to be carried out before your company enter into a default situation. If the request is not satisfied after a further 30 calendar days, your company commit an offence.

the second sentence in that is wrong. After 12 days ( not 12 working days, just 12 days plus 2 for service ) they enter default and cannot enforce the agreement WHILE the non-compliance continues... as soon as they find the agreement and produce it in response to your request under the CCA, enforcement can continue.

Which is pretty much what their letter says to you going on what you have said

they continue to say the debt is on hold even after failing to deliver the documents in the time frame saying they are waiting on Arrow global to send them the documents,

Whats the actual position with the debt? It's defaulted of course if Arrow Global have purchased it.... are you making payments to Arrow Global ? or Arrow have just started chasing you for payment ? Can you tell us a bit about the debt.

Moorcroft are acting on behalf of Arrow, rather than having purchased the debt off of Arrow ? Who was the original creditor ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Moorcroft. Do not buy debts they are hopeful collector's on commissions.

Comment

Hi Amethyst

The original creditor was shop direct we had an issue with regarding how much we owed them due to they didn’t take off monies for returned goods, they received the goods that were faulty back but still charged us.

They then sent the debt to a debt collection agency to reclaim monies, even though we were in dispute. We stupidly agreed to make token payments due to my ill health and the stress I was under because of it to try and relieve the pressure, so by doing this we acknowledged the debt. Over the years we have been transferred to a number of different agencies for this debt, but for the most part we were paying Westcott Collections.

We were paying Westcott by standing order and in April they told us to stop paying as they no longer held the account and all contact stopped until we had a letter from moorcroft in August saying they had taking over the debt and they wanted full payment saying their client was Arrow ?? We had no dealings with Arrow as we were paying Westcott.

We had no letters or communication from Westcott explaining this, which is why I set up a case file in resolver, I sent them a letter stating that we were disputing the debt and wanted a true signed copy of the agreement.

I got a template letter from consumer forum and sent it to moorcroft who didn’t reply so I followed it up with another resolver email as suggested by resolver,they sent me a letter explaining:

That they are an appointed agency instructed by our client ( Arrow) to assist in recovery of an account balance they advise is outstanding to them based on their records. And the Original creditor ( shop direct ) would have ensured we were fully updated to the position of our account, the liability they advise exists and their decision to sell the account to our client.

We have had no communication at all,this led us to complain using resolver.

Even though we asked for a true signed copy on the 12 August they haven’t communicated at all,apart from sending a copy of their first letter and a paragraph explaining the account will remain on hold until their client updates them.

Where do I stand if the letter I originally posted to them was wrong,is there a time frame on how long they have before it becomes unenforceable ? Our creditor was Westcott then all of a sudden Moorcroft send us a letter claiming to be a client of Arrow ( a company we have never heard or had any dealings with ).

or are we at fault.

regards

Pel

Comment

Sorry for the gaps in the post, I replied on my phone ☺️

Comment

Anyone know how I should proceed with this ?
            Regards
            Pel

Comment

Hi Amethyst

Could you tell me where I can get an up to date letter please, you said it was out of date ? Sorry to ask, they are stressing me out.

Regards

Pel

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                Where is that template from, it seems a little out of date ?

the second sentence in that is wrong. After 12 days ( not 12 working days, just 12 days plus 2 for service ) they enter default and cannot enforce the agreement WHILE the non-compliance continues... as soon as they find the agreement and produce it in response to your request under the CCA, enforcement can continue.

Which is pretty much what their letter says to you going on what you have said

Whats the actual position with the debt? It's defaulted of course if Arrow Global have purchased it.... are you making payments to Arrow Global ? or Arrow have just started chasing you for payment ? Can you tell us a bit about the debt.

Moorcroft are acting on behalf of Arrow, rather than having purchased the debt off of Arrow ? Who was the original creditor ?
                I am confused, as efbom linked me to a blog where it very clearly said 12 working days for a CCA request after which they are in default. So is it 12 working days, 12 days or 12+2 days (working or calendar)?

Comment

Legislation wise it is 12 working days http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1983/1569/made ( from when they receive the request hence the plus 2 for service ) - so I was wrong saying it was just days ....
                  Doesn't really matter tbh, they can rectify after the 12 days, 4 months, or 3 years now the 'offence' part has been removed.

Originally posted by the service bit
                  These Regulations prescribe the period of 12 working days after receipt of that request or notice for the provision of that information.

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi everyone

I also have intrum bothering me, I had a default on a loan in 2004 for original account and gave into ruthbridge a good 7 year back making payments where they requested more and I stopped paying them, couldn't afford it, I now have intrum who purchased the debt and last paynent was November 2014, they threatening someone to come to my door I'm sure the debt from hfc was statute barred did I unbar it by paying the dca after?

Any input would be great

Thanks

Comment

To your for ahhhyou do not have to speak or converse with a footstep hopeful comission agent close the door no powers ;no doubt 2nd drawer threatogram

Comment

Can they take me to court?

Comment

Like I said I paid a DCA by giving in to threats and last paid them in 20014 so they said it ain't statute barred now, will they be able to take me to court and will I have to pay them now?

Comment

No unless a proper solicitor is engaged then after procedure's. moorcroft are collector hopefuls nO pose go take court action

Comment

So should I just ignore all letters they send me even tho I pad a dca 4 year ago?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X