• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Pra Group CCJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pra Group CCJ

I found out in 2017 that I had a Ccj taken out against me in May 15 by the PRA group. It relates to an old MBNA credit card that I had taken out years before. I was unaware of the Ccj for over 2 years as it was sent to an old address or never sent. Anyway, I pretty much ignored it as I was caring for my elderly mother at the time and hadn't the time to fight with them. In 2018 I was contacted by the Enforcement of Judgements Office in Northern Ireland and interviewed about the debt. This then made me look into it further. Following some research I sent a request to the PRA group for a copy of the original credit agreement as the debt was pre 2007. The replied stating they could not provide this and the debt was unenforceable. The then wrote to me again and said d they had sent this letter in error and said the had a Ccj that should be enforced. What I think they mean't was that they didn't mean to let me know that they couldn't provide the original copy! If I had had a chance to defend myself originally could I have blocked theirCCJ by proving they could not provide the original credit agreement as required by consumer law?

They now have a firm if solicitors hassling me with further action. The original debt was kust over 4k which I acknowledge I owe to MBNA but these people are looking over 8k. I made a payment under pressure in 2014ish so its not statute barred.

Any help would be much appreciated. They say that if I don't fill in an income and expenditure form by the end of July they will commence further enforcement action.
    Tags: None

Could anyone please be able to offer some advice? Thanks.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X