• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Moorcroft chasing for £8.5k business debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moorcroft chasing for £8.5k business debt

He everyone, I wonder if there is anyone out there that can give me some advice.

I ran a limited company and had a business bank account with Natwest which had an overdraft facility of £10k (with a personal gaurantee)
    Hit hard times and had to liquidate the company in February 2018, whilst being just over £8.5k into the above overdraft.

Losing my company and the subsequent personal repercussions of this were pretty tough and so I didn't initially deal with any letters from Natwest regarding the outstanding monies due on the overdraft. Not long after, I began to receive letters from Moorcroft, advising me that they were now chasing me for this debt etc etc.

Trying to the right thing, I did make contact - but only in writing - to see if they would allow me to offer a F&F reduced payment. Got sent a means test, which I duly completed including my other debts at that time, notably HMRC. My offer of £2k was rejected 'at this stage' and they asked me to call them with details regarding all of my other creditors and how I planned to repay them. I didn't do that, obviously, as my agreements with other people are my business!

Subsequent letters were sent by them, which were basically the same generic letters I had got in the beginning.

I have now today received a letter advising me that my account has been passed to their Home Collections Department and that I may get a visit from one of their agents to discuss a repayment plan. Or maybe I won't. They gave me a deadline of the 17th June to contact them or, as they say in their final parapgraph "....then we will have no alternative but to recommence collection activity, such as further letters or telephone calls"

It makes me think of some silly sketch that could have been performed by Monty Python..... "Stop! Come back! I'm warning you... If you don't come back I'll shout stop again!".

I do want to deal with this, but I'm no position to pay the full amount and I'd prefer to make a partial settlement to get it gone. Another letter stated that my credit file would be marked with 'partially satisfied'. I check my credit file regularly and there is no mention whatsoever of any debt with Natwest - is it yet to be added perhaps?

Any thoughts from the clever ones of you out there would be very appreciated!
    Tags: None

Moorcroft are only commission chasers, no powers at all, I would wait to see what happens next they are trying to pressure you?? Amethyst might pop in here to advise

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X