• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Zinc credit management

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zinc credit management

Hi all

Today I received a letter from Zinc Credit Management (wanttosayyes.co.uk) saying they have been instructed to ‘assist in the resolution of my account’.

The letter names my former employer as the client (a Ltd company) - who I stopped working for two years ago.

This letter requests I owe them money and I can setup a payment plan etc etc.. It also mentions about updating my credit file and if I pay in full my file will show as ‘Satisfied’ or if they agree a discounted amount it will show as ‘partially satisfied’.

Firstly, can this impact my credit file and should I give in to this company? They want just over £100 me.

Appreciate any comments.
    Tags: None

‘Zinc Credit Management is a trading style of Complete Credit Consultancy which is a Registered Company in England and Wales. Authorised and regulated by the Financial conduct Authority for accounts formed under the Consumer Credit Act 1974’ is noted at the bottom of the letter. I actually live in SCOTLAND so legally can they even do anything?

Comment

yes if registered to the UK FCA

Comment

better to give information as peeps cannot even think about advising with out knowledge what all about

Comment

Originally posted by DanTheThird View Post
          Hi all
          Today I received a letter from Zinc Credit Management (wanttosayyes.co.uk) saying they have been instructed to ‘assist in the resolution of my account’.
          The letter names my former employer as the client (a Ltd company) - who I stopped working for two years ago.
          This letter requests I owe them money and I can setup a payment plan etc etc.. It also mentions about updating my credit file and if I pay in full my file will show as ‘Satisfied’ or if they agree a discounted amount it will show as ‘partially satisfied’.
          Firstly, can this impact my credit file and should I give in to this company? They want just over £100 me.
          Appreciate any comments.
          Could it have been an overpayment of salary/wages maybe ? Have you had any communication from your previous employer?

It shouldn't impact your credit file as it wasn't a loan/consumer credit ( presumably), it'd only impact your credit file if they took you to court and you failed to defend/pay it. Sounds like a standard letter template.

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Amethyst Thanks for the reply. Yes you’re correct, it was an overpayment in wages from a job I left two years ago.

Previous to this letter, I received a dodgy looking letter exactly 6 months ago, apparently from my former employer (no mention of Zinc on this one); it had my former employers logo at the top but the SAME bank details as what Zinc Management have written on their letter. I ignored it because it wasn’t written the same my former employer normally would and the banking info they wanted the money sent to didn’t sound quite right.

Comment

Zinc's bank details

HSBC
              Sort Code: 402706
              Account No: 13665208

just to compare with those on your letters ( from employer and from zinc ) I'm not sure if Zinc do 'factoring' or whatever it's called when they buy the debt then collect on it or if they are paid fixed fee or commission for collecting on a clients behalf - tbh it doesn't matter....

do you have a legitimate dispute over the overpayment or is it just a case of stalling repayment ? Any discussion of instalments ? Basically what's the situation with the overpayments?

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Did you get this sorted out in the end?

Complete Credit Consultancy Limited (Part of the Zinc Group Ltd) is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for the recovery of debts due under a credit agreement.
                FCA Reference number: 707187
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X