• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Paypal/Wescot letter received

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paypal/Wescot letter received

Hello,

I have received a letter from Wescot on behalf of Paypal seeking to collect £4k.
    This is in relation to a Paypal Working Capital Loan a few years ago that could not be paid off due to my eBay account being restricted.

This loan hasn’t been paid for a few years now and a previous debt collection agency sent me a letter about collection on behalf of Paypal in 2016 and I sent them a long one page letter that Faljay from another forum made me letter back saying:

I DO NOT RECOGNIZE OR ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR CLIENT OR YOUR COMPANY IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM

THIS IS A VALID DISPUTE AND MUST BE TREATED AS SUCH UNDER THE FCA REGULATIONS

The above is only one little piece from the letter. It was successful and the debt collection agency replied to it basically saying we want nothing to do with your case.

I haven’t been contacted since from them or Paypal. It is only recently when I have now received a letter from Wescot asking for the money on behalf of their client Paypal.

Do I sent them the letter the again to Wescot and hope that they also go away? Or do I try a different approach?

I remember that on Paypal Working Capital Loan that it stated that it is not Consumer Credit Act 1974 regulated, does this have any negative affect on my situation?

Thank you in advance.
    Tags: None

Wescot known to many as:- Wetcloths) = only commission agents hoping you pay so they get commissions, no real powers, wescot just chase and eventually/usually pass back to owner??

Comment

What will Paypal eventually do? Keep employing DCA’s to chase up the debt? Or will a company actually buy it off them and it is a different ball game? I just want to see what the options are on the table. I am thinking of sending them that letter that was previously successful a few years ago. Hopefully they go away like the last collection agency. But surely Paypal will get frustrated and take action personally? But they are based in Luxembourg and the loan is not CCA1974 regulated

Comment

probably sell on at some stage?

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
          probably sell on at some stage?
          What is the likelihood of that? I always though Paypal employ DCA’s to recover the debt on behalf of their client Paypal. So if the debt is actually sold on to a DCA, I have no way out of it?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X