• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

me v aktiv kapital removing defaults

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• me v aktiv kapital removing defaults

Hi everyone

Please could someone advise me on my next step - I will give a short history - I discovered I had 3 x defaults by Aktiv Kaptal last July default dates 2004 - I knew nothing of these debts and had never heard of Aktiv Kapital.

I requested the cca and default notices and this has been going on for over a year now with no cca or defaults notices ever received.

In October as I was getting nowhere so I decided to try and get them removed via the courts.

I filled out my N1 with the following POC.

I, rubmilljess hereafter referred to as the Claimant, and litigant in person do hereby make this statement and Particulars of Claim from my own knowledge and experience.
    1. Claimant is alleged tohold3 agreements with the Defendant, numbered XXXX / XXXX / XXXX debts that the Defendant continues to pursue.

2. 3 “defaults” appear on the Claimant’s credit reference file relating to the alleged agreements.

3.The Defendant;
    a) Has defaulted on his obligation to respond to a request from the Claimant pursuant to s.77(1) & s.78(1) Consumer Credit Act 1974, under which the alleged agreement is alleged to operate;

b) Has applied the “Default” without complying with the requirements of s.87 Consumer Credit Act 1974

c) Continues to process data regarding the alleged default with Credit Reference Agencies.

4. The Claimant has suffered damage, namely unable to obtain any credit for business purposes and an increase in Interest rates and monthly payments made to other Creditors, due to the adverse credit information since being recorded by the Defendant.

5. The Claimant respectfully seeks;
    a) A declaration that the debt is unenforceable under the Consumer Credit Act 1974;

b) Rectification, blocking, erasure or destruction of the inaccurate data, which the Court can order under s.14 Data Protection Act 1998 – including details passed to the Credit Reference Agencies.

c) Costs and damages at the discretion of the Court.

I received Aktiv Kapital defence with 3 credit agreements/applications attached I was not expecting any agreements to turn up the debts are all statue barred.

Need help on what to do next ????

I will post up the defence and agreements they sent

rubmilljess
    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------

My AQ needs to be in 23/12/08 - but I really dont know what to do now as they have sent the application/agreements??. I also asked for the notice of assignment and statement of accounts but nothing again. They kept replying they dont have to provide anything as not the original creditor.

The sar they sent does not have any agreements/notice of assignments/statement of accounts.

I also had 3 ccj's relating to the same debts by CL Finance with I had set aside as they did not provide any documents when the court ordered them to.

Thanks
    xx
    Last edited by rubmilljess; 19th December 2008, 11:17:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Re: me v aktiv kapital removing defaults

Interesting action there.
    I notice you mention that these debts are statute barred, when was the last acknowledgement of them ?
    Might be worth also filing an order for directions as they haven't proved their legal rights to pursue these debts.
    That would be the Assignment, which they MUST produce.

AK like to use the Not OC line alot and it makes NO difference at all.

BTW it's a declaration under s142 of CCA you are looking for, but really you should of filed an injunction against them first for this.

Comment

Don't worry Ruby, we have someone on here who just love's the CCA and will be along soon to help you.

Ooooops he's posted, see I told you he'd be along bless him.

Comment

My AQ needs to be in 23/12/08 - but I really dont know what to do now as they have sent the application/agreements??. I also asked for the notice of assignment and statement of accounts but nothing again. They kept replying they dony have to provide anything as not the original creditor.

They sar they sent does not have any agreements/notice of assignments/statement of accounts.

I also had 3 ccj's relating to the same debts by CL Finance with I had set aside as they did not provide any documents when the court ordered them to.

Comment

I can't read the agreement details as they are too small, but do they contain all of the prescribed terms required under CCA ?

Originally posted by 8.1 What are ‘prescribed terms’?

S61(1)(a) CCA provides that, for a regulated agreement to be properly executed, it must contain all the prescribed terms of the agreement and conform to regulations under s60(1) – see Q1.14.

Reg 6(1) provides that the terms specified in Sch 6 to the Agreements Regulations are ‘prescribed terms’ for the purposes of s61(1)(a) and s127(3) – see Q8.2.

8.2 What if prescribed terms are missing or incorrect?

s127(3) provides that the court may not make an enforcement order unless a document containing all the prescribed terms of the agreement was signed by the debtor – see Q1.21.

If therefore any of the prescribed terms is missing, or incorrect, the agreement is not enforceable against the debtor, and the court is precluded from making an enforcement order.

8.3 What are the prescribed terms?

The prescribed terms specified in Sch 6 are as follows:

* amount of credit – see Q8.

* credit limit – see Q8.5
          * repayments – see Q8.9.
          * rate of interest – see Q8.6

Sch 6 was not amended by the 2004 Regulations.

Also check out Peter Bard's excellent thread on the subject: Agreement Enforceability - The Consumer Forums
          Could you also please respond to my questions in post #2

Comment

Morning Curlyben

I got into financial difficulties and fell behind with the payments at the beginning of 2002. I have never acknowledge the debts to aktiv kapital and as soon as I received letters from them I requested the cca etc. I also never received any defaults notices.

I have also just received there AQ I will post up the (g) other information.

Thanks for the quick reply curlyben
            xx

Comment

But when was the last acknowledgement, by payment or in writing of these accounts ??

Now while AK may well of purchased the rights to collect these debts this is still done by assignment as they have still to prove that fact.
              True while they are not the original creditor, they are obligated to comply with CCA 77-79 as defined under s189.

Comment

It very hard to read but on the first one it says credit limit £300 at the top then under the bank/building society account details it has financial details of the account - it says we will determine your credit limit from time to time and give you notice of it.
                interest will be charged on the account at the rate of-
                2.95% or 2.05% (difficult to read) per month apr 27.5 for monthly payments by direct debit
                and 2.17% per month apr 29.3 for monthly payment by any means.

The 2nd does not have any credit limit but has the same financial details of the account.

The 3rd had a credit limit of £400 (I think hard to read) and I cant read the financial details of the account.

They are all very difficuly to read !!
                Last edited by rubmilljess; 19th December 2008, 12:09:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

In that case I feel this maybe a way forward for this:

illegible and not compliant with the CCA 1974 and the Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents)Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1557)

2 Legibility of notices and copy documents and wording of prescribed Forms

(1) The lettering in every notice in a Form prescribed by these Regulations and in every copy of an executed
                  agreement, security instrument or other document referred to in the Act and delivered or sent to a debtor, hirer or surety
                  under any provision of the Act shall, apart from any signature, be easily legible and of a colour which is readily
                  distinguishable from the [background medium upon which the information is displayed].
                  (2) The wording of any Form prescribed by these Regulations shall be reproduced in copies of unexecuted or executed
                  agreements or in Notices of Cancellation Rights sent [by an appropriate method] under section 64(1)(b) or (2) of the Act
                  without any alteration or addition, except that--
                  (a) the creditor or owner may enter the name and address of the debtor or hirer in any Cancellation Form prescribed
                  by these Regulations; and
                  (b) every Form shall be completed in accordance with any footnote.
                  (3) Any such footnote shall not be treated as part of any Form prescribed by these Regulations and may be reproduced
                  in addition to any such Form.
                  (4) Where any such footnote requires any words to be omitted, those words shall be omitted or deleted.

Comment

Originally posted by Curlyben View Post
                    But when was the last acknowledgement, by payment or in writing of these accounts ??

Now while AK may well of purchased the rights to collect these debts this is still done by assignment as they have still to prove that fact.
                    True while they are not the original creditor, they are obligated to comply with CCA 77-79 as defined under s189.
                    RBJ you really need to answer Curly's question above with regard to when the debts were last acknowledged, by payment or in writing.
                    Is no longer here

Comment

The last payments on the accounts at the beginning of 2002 - never acknowledge the debts since then.

Comment

Bingo !!!!

In that case they shouldn't be processing your data under s5 limitations act.

Their date of purchase is immaterial.

Comment

what do I do regarding my AQ as the claim has changed now - I claimed they had now agreements.

Do I have to change my claim??

if so how do I do this??

Thanks

Comment

certainly worth asking the court to amend your POC as there's other things you really should bring into play here as well.

Amending A Claim - Consumer Wiki

this should help.
                            Either way you AQ needs to be returned.

What parts are you having difficulty with.

Comment

Regarding the AQ what should I put in other information.

I have just spoke to the court regarding the agreements turning up so changes things - they stated that I could fill in an N244 regarding amended POC and the Judge would decide whether to accept or not.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X