• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

WendyB - v - C.A.R.S (Tiscali)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WendyB - v - C.A.R.S (Tiscali)

Well here we go again with Tiscali, I really don't know why I ever bothered giving them a second chance to be my internet provider.

Anyway, Tiscali "forgot" or whatever, to take a d/d payment in August. I never noticed and Tiscali never told me. First I knew about it was when they cut off my phone and internet at the end of October. Prior to this I'd been phoning them for 3 weeks telling them I couldn't get an internet connection. Turns out they hadn't taken any payments since they forgot the one in August. No letters from them about being in arrears, although bills were still being sent by email, saying we will collect from your bank on xxxx. Bit remiss of me not to notice they weren't taking the d/ds but there you go.

So in a huff I get a mac code and disappear my phone and internet into the distance.

I have now received a Notice of Legal Proceedings (in big red capitals, ooooh, scary NOT!) from C.A.R.S. for £202.05.

Have zapped them my standard "prove it, gimme a breakdown of bills and stuff, this account is in dispute so sod off" letter. Well actually am zapping it to them today.

Lets wait and see what happens.......
    Is no longer here

Re: WendyB - v - C.A.R.S (Tiscali)

Should be good for a laugh anyway

Comment

Well it will give me something to do won't it.

Tbh I will pay up, (eventually, when I have proof that they have stopped charging me from when they cut me off) Just don't like their tactics. And some idiot a Tiscali actually told me that they don't pass to DCAs unless the debt is over £500. Muppetts!
      Is no longer here

Comment

It eventually surfaced again, this time it's the lovely Roxburghe coming the strong arm tactics. So anyway, I sent them the prove it letter on 23rd April, next thing I know I get an "IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED" letter, which I ignored, as it had obviously crossed in the post with my letter to them. Nothing then till yesterday, when I get a "72 HOUR NOTICE" ooooooh, I'm really scared now.....NOT!!! I've scanned it in below so so you can all have a good laugh.

I am in the process of composing a suitable reply....
        Is no longer here

Comment

here's my letter to Roxburghe, I'll post it later today, unless anyone has any suggestions for changes before I post it?

I write in reply to your letter dated 12.05.10, received 17.05.10, the contents of which are noted.
          I direct your attention to my letter of 23rd April, to which you have, so far, not had the courtesy to reply. For your ease of reference a copy is attached. Perhaps you would like to point out the contents of my letter, and this one, when you submit your POC to court, as it may somewhat disprove your claim that you “have made every effort to resolve this matter”.

Once again, I would ask that you provide details of the alleged debt, as despite my previous request for this information none has been forthcoming.

Again, I also direct you to the OFT Debt Collection Guidance, although I am sure that you must be aware of this already I have summarised it below.

The OFT say under the Guidance it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive and/or unfair methods. Furthermore, ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to harassment.

With reference to your comments about a personal visit by one of your field officers, please be advised that I will only communicate with you in writing. Should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call” anyway, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you. Any such visit will cause a report to be filed with my local Police with reference to the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 section 3 and Administration of Justice Act 1970 section 40.

To summarise, I require a full breakdown of the alleged debt, until such is forthcoming I have no intention of making any payments to you whatsoever. Should you persist in sending threatening letters based on as yet unsubstantiated claims, I will make a formal complaint to the relevant Statutory bodies.

I await your reply.
          Last edited by WendyB; 18th May 2010, 11:28:AM.
          Is no longer here

Comment

letter sent recorded, and showing as delivered, although electronic POD not available yet. Let's see what happens next....
            Is no longer here

Comment

Hey ho, my recorded delivery was signed for ages ago, and as yet I have no reply whatsoever from Roxburghe - now there's a surprise - Not! It looks like they have crawled back under their stone. So, thats 2 DCA's despatched in connection with Tiscali. And only another 4years and 5 months before its SB'd lol.
              Is no longer here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X