• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

equita have taken unauthorized money from my bank accoun

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• equita have taken unauthorized money from my bank accoun

Hi,
    Can anyone please help!!!! My daughter has a council tax bill that is now in the hands of equita to cut it short she was threatened by bailiff if she didnt come up with £150 in 24 hrs he was taking her stuff out of her house. She borrowed money, put it in my bank cuz he told her it had to be paid by debit card and she not got one. I spoke to him on phone gave my details agreed £150 had to come out. I found out later that day £281.01 had been taken out by Equita. I am disabled and rely on that money that was Wed 10th Dec and I am still waiting.

Re: equita have taken unauthorized money from my bank accoun

Have you contacted them about the amount they have taken from you?

How much more does she owe for the Council Tax?

Comment

spoke to bailiff wed, thurs and fri said it was a mistake it would be in my bank either wed or thurs still not in. I sent an email on fri to info@equita and also a letter fri to karen fowler at northampton office. She owed £125 but has shot up to nearly £400 with their charges added.

Comment

I would contact your bank as well as they can get it recalled back it was taken without your consent.

Comment

I have rang bank they said nothing they can do as it was done over the phone. it is so annoying as they have left me with no money in bank since wed and it has also made me go overdrawn which i will be charged for. I rely on that money each week and have been unable to get gas so been without heating had a ticket to go out with friends on thurs and had to cancel they do not realise the upset and inconvenience this has caused.

Comment

Get a letter of complaint typed up to Equita straight away. I'll help you, but they need to be told formally in writing and forcefully.

You should also send them a Subject Access Request letter http://legalbeagles.info/forums/showthread.php?t=70

to check the fees they have already added.

Comment

Thank you Amy for your help. I have already sent a letter yesterday and recorded it. The letter I sent follows.... I have omitted names

Dear Mrs ********

My daughter Miss .................................has been harassed by one of your bailiffs a Mr...................Bailiff Ref:........... Mobile No: ..................... He has reduced her to tears by telling her he can arrest her, have the police there to enter her property with a court order to enter her property (which he says he has already got). She is in receipt of working tax as her partner is on a low wage and has two small children. Her bill was £125.00 and has now shot up to £400. He threatened he would go into her property even if she was not there and take her goods if she did not come up with £150 in 24 hours which was Tuesday 9th December. He had reduced her to tears and a nervous wreck, as she has never been in trouble before with the police. She borrowed the money and put it into my bank on the Wednesday because Mr ...............said it had to be paid over the phone by debit card and she has not got a debit card. I phoned Mr ..............on Wednesday and gave him my bank details and instructed £150.00 to be taken out of my account which was what he agreed with my daughter. He was to ring me back with an authorization code. He did not phone. I phoned him later on that day and told him £281.01 had been taken out of my account and that was wrong, he said nothing could be done at that moment because it was 5.20pm and the offices were closed and he was on his way to arrest someone and I was to ring back at 9.00am on the following morning when he would be in the office and he would sort it out. I rang him back on the Thursday morning and he told me there had been a mistake and the person he gave to do the transaction had taken the wrong amount of money out of my account and I would have £131.01 put back into my bank that day. The money still is not in my bank account and it is Friday 12th December at 12.06 pm, because of this money being taken out it has left me overdrawn with the bank which I am going to be charged for. The theft of this money out of my account has left me with no money to buy gas since Wednesday and have had no heating. I had a ticket to go out with friends last night and was unable to go due to no money. I have had to phone him numerous times on his mobile of my land line so I am going to have more charges on my phone bill. I am disabled and this has caused so much inconvenience and upset. Please could you look into this as I will not be satisfied until I get something done about this as it is so wrong .
              Yours Sincerely,

just hope it does some good, and yes I will send a Subject Access Request letter to try and sort out my daughters excess charges
              Last edited by Amy; 13th December 2008, 16:29:PM. Reason: you forgot to remove a name!

Comment

He told her he could arrest her! Bailiffs do not have the power to arrest anyone, only the police do. He's lying and he's needs to be taught a lesson.

Telephone the Ministry of Justice on 020 3334 3555 first thing Monday morning and give them the bailiff's details, they will be able to tell you if the bailiff is certificated or not. If he is not certificated then excellent, but even if he is, which he certainly should be, you can still make a complaint about his conduct.
                Last edited by Amy; 13th December 2008, 16:39:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X